• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CHild support issue

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? GA

I was willing to work things out with ex so that he doesn't get hit up with paying child support through the courts and then have to deal with being behind in the support. However, that plan didn't work, he served me with papers for visitation/child support. Now he is crying to me begging me to not appear in court this month for the child support portion of our court order. He states that we can appear before the judge and tell her that we would be willing to work out child support outside the courts.

Question: If we already have an final order for visitation, can the court automatically drop the court proceeding for child support if I decide to work with him outside the court regarding child support?

LdiJ

I was willing to work things out with ex so that he doesn't get hit up with paying child support through the courts and then have to deal with being behind in the support. However, that plan didn't work, he served me with papers for visitation/child support. Now he is crying to me begging me to not appear in court this month for the child support portion of our court order. He states that we can appear before the judge and tell her that we would be willing to work out child support outside the courts.

Question: If we already have an final order for visitation, can the court automatically drop the court proceeding for child support if I decide to work with him outside the court regarding child support?
Don't do that. Let the child support be set under the court guidelines and let the CSE handle child support so that there is a tracking of what is going on. Believe me, in the long term that is in the best interest of all parties.

JSully86

Not really giving legal advice (apologize), but... you honestly may NOT want to drop this out of the court. All it takes is for him to get upset at you (sort of like what it seems he had done when he decided to go against what you two had discussed and filed for the visitation/support) and try to make your life a living H E double hockey sticks. IMO, it would be much wiser to let it go through the courts.

So, if I drop the child support order will i later on down the line be able to take him in for child support if he doesnt hold to his verbal agreement to help raise our son?

Zephyr

So, if I drop the child support order will i later on down the line be able to take him in for child support if he doesnt hold to his verbal agreement to help raise our son?
why would you do that, he has already proven to not be reliable in that regard

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">