• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child support question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kids123

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? IL.
My question is......I was told by someone that it is the non-custodial parents responsibility to report pay increases to CS. Is there any truth to this?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Are you sure that's true in IL? I only ask because I thought that IL did periodic reviews instead.
Any time jobs change or pay substantially (left out the word substantially) the parents should inform. Neither should put if off with the belief that the other side will do it.

kids123

Let me explain my reason for asking this question**************
My daughters dad has been court ordered to pay CS since 1996. I know that what income he made then has increased. Her father by no means is going to admit this to me. I would like to modify this order , but since for several years now I know he made more can I try to get back support?
He has a younger child who he pays support for also and he is paying more for the second child per week than he does for his first. But I'm not sure how I can prove that he has made more over the years since this is not info. he willingly gives me. For visitation purposes he is to give me his home address & all he will give me is a po box #. If I ever had to go to get my daughter for emergency purpose I would not have a clue where to go. So he is not the most co-oprative person to deal with. Any advice?

Perky

You should have requested a modification review long ago.

How is your order worded? Does it state a dollar amount or does it say 20% of income?

If it's a dollar amount, then I don't think you can get back support since you didn't request a modification.

If it says 20% of income, then I think there may be a possibility.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">