• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Support Request for Kidnapped Son

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

milspecgirl

fact is that both parents had legal rights to the child. she could have taken him and run just as he did. the key to proving "kidnapping" (which it's not) would be copied of missing persons reports, etc. HARD PROOF that she had every resource notified of her son's disappearance. The IRS, FBI, etc would have been on alert for any SS numbers used, names, etc.
Chances are, she didn't have the resources to fight and just let it go.
She was notified of CS years ago. A person whose child had truely been taken (at least in the eyes of the judge) would have immediately notified all those same ppl (FBI, etc) that she now had info to track them down.
Plus, he would have had to have proof of custody in order to enroll the child in school, and even get a CS order.
I think she was the missing person in this case

CourtClerk

Plus, he would have had to have proof of custody in order to enroll the child in school, and even get a CS order.
Is this information state specific? Because I know darn good and well we've had this conversation on this very board and I didn't need proof of custody in order to enroll Stinkers in school - OR get my CS order. That I gave birth to him and had his birth certificate was good enough for both instances.

Also, at work, we don't require proof of custody in order to get a CS order, never needed it when I worked at DCSS either and I know they don't require it now.

Gracie3787

Until this thread, I had forgotten about an old friend of mine from many years ago. She had been in the OP's situation- her husband took off with thier son. 8 years later she was informed of a CS order, contacted the CSE but they refused to give her the address. So, she just refused to pay CS, told the CSE she WANTED to be taken to court for contempt. They did, she explained to the Judge that she just wanted to know where her son was and the Judge ORDERED the CSE to give her the address. Just proves that where there's a will, there's a way.:D

CourtClerk

Gracie,
How are you holding up with your new years resolution???

Frankly, I believe the OP has been lied to, but I guess in my line of work, I've learned to be skeptical. If 2-3 years ago, the girlfriend has been paying CS, then it's been that long that she's known approximately where her kid was. People come into my courtroom everyday just as lost about the law as I would be in the middle of a snow storm in Ohio, but you know what? They pound the pavement until they get the answers. They eat, drink and sleep court until they get it right. There was one dad I told that eventually I was going to have to invite him to the office parties if he kept coming around like he did. Why? All because he had no money for an attorney, but he was hell bent that he was going to be victorious in his situation. He got to know the court staff, we got to know him. I really liked him because he TRIED so hard. He asked questions, he sat in on sessions when he could. Everytime I seen him he had some book in his hand. I started helping him out. Called the legal aid office for him and got him an appointment. Introduced him to the people in the self help center so they could help him.

He wrote some of the best looking motions I had ever seen. That... is tenacity. Those who really want something don't give up and they sure don't meet the next man and go on with life.

I'm done with this thread, as I don't feel I have anything else constructive to offer. I think the OP needs to watch his new woman and don't be too surprised when/if he ever meets dad and he hears a completely different story than the one he's being fed now.

milspecgirl

Is this information state specific? Because I know darn good and well we've had this conversation on this very board and I didn't need proof of custody in order to enroll Stinkers in school - OR get my CS order. That I gave birth to him and had his birth certificate was good enough for both instances.

Also, at work, we don't require proof of custody in order to get a CS order, never needed it when I worked at DCSS either and I know they don't require it now.

hmmmm, every experience I've had has required a court order in the child's file if the parent's aren't married. I guess he could have said mom was dead or they were married and not needed an order.
However, I can't imagine if a true kidnapping had been reported that the SSN, name, something wouldn't have thrown a red flag at CSEA when support was asked for.
I know hubby's case worker at csea wouldn't even talk to him about CS without a copy of his custody papers.
which brings up another point- he would have had to request a copy of the bc if he just grabbed the child and took off. doubt he carried it in his pocket all the time. shouldn't a true kidnapping report have caused a red flag to be thrown at the office of vital statistics too?
maybe it's just tn and ky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">