• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child support trial NY

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

The court is not going to do much here. He isn't paying you what he owes you, but he is paying *something*, so they are not likely to punish him if it looks like he is making an effort. Consider yourself lucky you get anything at all. I haven't seen child support in nearly a year.

Also, second-hand clothes are awesome. I hit consignment and thrift stores all the time. They are cheap, the clothes are soft from washing, and already shrunk.

M'obrien

Child support ny

Thank you all for your advice. I will try and see if legal aid will stand with me at trial but since I am not on public assistance I don't believe I qualify. Whatever happens I will raise a proud boy that will be so happy no matter what! Again, thank you all some much! Merry Christmas to you and your families!
Thank you
M'ob

tuffbrk

Even if you don't qualify for legal aid, they may be able to recommend you for a reduced rate attorney. If so, work with them. They may be agreeable to you doing some of the typing, etc. to keep costs as low as possible.

Happy holidays to you and yours. Truly wishing you both have an easier time of it in 2012...

M'obrien

Child support

Thank you so much...I have a call in to them and waiting to hear back. Want to thank you all so much for your kind words and encouragement... God Bless

M'ob

BL

Thank you so much...I have a call in to them and waiting to hear back. Want to thank you all so much for your kind words and encouragement... God Bless

M'ob
I understand you as well as many of us include/included the emotional stuff .

The courts do not consider emotional aspects and it could turn the courts ear on you.

Let the other party rant and rave ,keep your calm,cool,and collective attitude and present legal facts and the court may be inclined to turn it's ear to you .

Call the child support collections office .

Perhaps the can assist you better.

I'm gathering the reason he has to pay CS to the court is that the court is considering contempt of court .

You're welcome .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">