• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? nj

Hello everyone...can child support payments be set up through the courts using a third party address to mail the payments to?

The reason for the question is there is an exsisting court order but the custodial parent refuses to give an address to have payments received so we have to use a third party to try and get the payents sent. We want to send it straight to the court and then have the court mail it to the third pary...can we do that?

Thanks

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? nj

Hello everyone...can child support payments be set up through the courts using a third party address to mail the payments to?

The reason for the question is there is an exsisting court order but the custodial parent refuses to give an address to have payments received so we have to use a third party to try and get the payents sent. We want to send it straight to the court and then have the court mail it to the third pary...can we do that?

Thanks
Who is WE? Quite frankly child support should be sent to Child Support Enforcement (which is a third party address). Child support enforcement would then get the payments to the obligee.

Who is WE? Quite frankly child support should be sent to Child Support Enforcement (which is a third party address). Child support enforcement would then get the payments to the obligee.
Apologize, I meant my husband. He wants to go through child support enforcement but doesnt know the mother's address. He know her friend and asked her friend if he could use her address to send the mother her payments...But, i looked online and child support enforcement only sends payments either by direct deposit or issue the mother a debit card. Can he send it to the friend address with the friend's permission to use their address to get the payment to the mother?

Banned_Princess

How does not knowing the mothers address interfere with him sending the payments to Child Support Enforcement, Who probably knows how to get the money to her. And can properly record the payments made.

Plus sending the payments directly probably isn't a good idea, due to the easy "I sent the payment"-"I never got any payments" argument.

Gracie3787

Apologize, I meant my husband. He wants to go through child support enforcement but doesnt know the mother's address. He know her friend and asked her friend if he could use her address to send the mother her payments...But, i looked online and child support enforcement only sends payments either by direct deposit or issue the mother a debit card. Can he send it to the friend address with the friend's permission to use their address to get the payment to the mother?
Is the CSE not involved in your husband's case?

What is the EXACT wording of his court order regarding HOW the payments are to be made?

Gracie3787

How does not knowing the mothers address interfere with him sending the payments to Child Support Enforcement, Who probably knows how to get the money to her. And can properly record the payments made.
If the CSE is NOT involved in the OP's husband's case, he will NEED to be able to give them an address for the ex when he goes to them to get help. If he doesn't know the address, the CSE will not be able to help at this point.

We need to know from the OP if the CSE is involved or not, and what the exact wording of his court order is before we can give any real help.

If the CSE is NOT involved in the OP's husband's case, he will NEED to be able to give them an address for the ex when he goes to them to get help. If he doesn't know the address, the CSE will not be able to help at this point.

We need to know from the OP if the CSE is involved or not, and what the exact wording of his court order is before we can give any real help.
In the court order it states that he need to pay every 1st of the month....it didnt state if he was to give it directly to her or not... and he asked her friend if he can use her address because he dont have the mother's address...can CSE use a third party address to send the mother the payments?

Different state, different laws, possibly, but...

If the CSE has not been involved before, dad could send his monthly payment to the CSE, in which they would call Mom and tell her to fill out an application. SHE would have to take in Social security cards, birth certs, court orders, etc.. in order to have an "account" set up with them.

Dad can't do the CSE application. It has to be done by the one requesting child support. In this case, Mom.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">