• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CHP radar ticket on interstate 10

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AzDon

Thanks, I-Got-Banned, for your answers....
I understand the concept that it is too late for me to be asking any new questions or to modify any questions that I asked to fit the "key teeth" that would have unlocked the door of consideration. I see that it probably wasn't merely enough to have "key questions" if I didn't ask them properly.
I personally felt that the prosecution presented nothing outside of the officer's testimony and, in fact, were not even present (no prosecutor) to question my exhibits.
The appearance to me was that the prosecution was not held to a standard of presentation and questioning that I was held to.... Heck, there wasn't even a prosecutor present!
I believe I asked the right key questions to cast "reasonable doubt" on the officer's testimony and documents, and that a Judge, in his impartial administration of the proceedings, should have granted my requests for dismissal rather than (perhaps) secretly requiring me to first ask to have these individual items of evidence excluded, even though every one of these pieces were necessary chain links for admission of radar evidence.
In totality, I successfully created enough "reasonable doubt" regarding the officer's recollection and credibility, and documentation that, if the scales of justice were not weighted in favor of the prosecution, I would have been fairly and impartially acquitted.

Last edited:

koshakjames

azdon, sorry

Sorry that there are sooooo many members that have nothing better to do than make themselves feel better by making you feel bad. I don't know Cal. law/statutes, but I've found that if a ticket doesn't have much merit, keep following the appeals process all the way up. As it becomes more painful and costly for them to fight you on it, they tend to give up. The basic premise is they make most of there money (and it is all about money) by people giving up and bending over, so when someone continues to fight them, they end up giving up themselves. They really don't want to let it get to a jury (and in some instances you can take it that far, not sure about your state) where they know that it'll be made public how lacking their processes are. As for racer72 and zigner's comments, they probably need to get another hobby or a girlfriend, they have too much time on there hands. This forum was meant for people to give constructive advice with the intent to help others. Maybe they ought to try out for the CHP!!!!!!!!!!

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Sorry that there are sooooo many members that have nothing better to do than make themselves feel better by making you feel bad. I don't know Cal. law/statutes, but I've found that if a ticket doesn't have much merit, keep following the appeals process all the way up. As it becomes more painful and costly for them to fight you on it, they tend to give up. The basic premise is they make most of there money (and it is all about money) by people giving up and bending over, so when someone continues to fight them, they end up giving up themselves. They really don't want to let it get to a jury (and in some instances you can take it that far, not sure about your state) where they know that it'll be made public how lacking their processes are. As for racer72 and zigner's comments, they probably need to get another hobby or a girlfriend, they have too much time on there hands. This forum was meant for people to give constructive advice with the intent to help others. Maybe they ought to try out for the CHP!!!!!!!!!!
Telling the truth IS constructive. C'mon down off your soapbox and enter the real world. :rolleyes:

AzDon

I think zigner and racer72 are probably either cops or prosecutors and think that being discouraging or obstructionist is somehow the same as disseminating useful info---IT IS NOT!

I'm also learning that this is a tough place to get any info if you display any kind of negative feelings towards police.
I just recieved notice that I have about 26 days to file my opening brief. I'd better get to work!

CdwJava

I think zigner and racer72 are probably either cops or prosecutors and think that being discouraging or obstructionist is somehow the same as disseminating useful info---IT IS NOT!

I'm also learning that this is a tough place to get any info if you display any kind of negative feelings towards police.
I just recieved notice that I have about 26 days to file my opening brief. I'd better get to work!
Neither Racer72 nor Zigner have ever identified themselves here as "cops or prosecutors" and it is my belief that they are neither. That does not mean that anything they post should be disregarded.

I Got Banned provided you with some useful info.

You can certainly work on your appeal and hope it succeeds. I have my doubts for several reasons, but you might get lucky with the judge or a well-written appeal. Who knows?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">