• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Claim amount vs. scheduled amount

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

StepDad

What is the name of your state? IL

I filed a 13 in October, so we are past the 90 day claim date. The National Data Center website shows my schedule amount as $38,000 and my actual claim amount as $28,000. My payment schedule is based on the schedule amount (I am paying back 100% to all creditors). My question is what happens once the $28,000 in claims is paid? If I was paying less than 100% I would assume that the percentages would be readjusted and I would keep making payments while all the creditors that made claims would get a bigger percentage. Since everyone is already getting 100%, will I be discharged after the $28,000 claim amount is satisfied? Thank you for any help in understanding this.

Ladynred

Minimum term for a Ch 13 is 3 years. Don't forget you also have to pay the Trustee's admin fees on top of the 100% you're paying back to creditors. You're only paying back 100% to those unsecured creditors who filed a proof of claim. Those who did not file a claim will not get paid and the debt will be discharged at the close of your Ch 13.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">