• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Claims receiving different content by USPS mail

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

clarton

What is the name of your state? Florida
I must send a signed agreement accepting an offer to someone before a deadline. I put that hand-signed agreement in an envelope and sent by certified USPS mail, return receipt, and it reached him one day before deadline. Although he accepts receiving on time, claims that what is inside that USPS envelope is a different document but not that hand-signed agreement therefore he refused to give me an offer for which I send that hand-signed agreement. His wife supports him saying that she witnessed her husband opening that USPS mail and she also saw that content which is not that signed agreement. I know they are lying. Any way to address this?

Just Blue

What is the name of your state? Florida
I must send a signed agreement accepting an offer to someone before a deadline. I put that hand-signed agreement in an envelope and sent by certified USPS mail, return receipt, and it reached him one day before deadline. Although he accepts receiving on time, claims that what is inside that USPS envelope is a different document but not that hand-signed agreement therefore he refused to give me an offer for which I send that hand-signed agreement. His wife supports him saying that she witnessed her husband opening that USPS mail and she also saw that content which is not that signed agreement. I know they are lying. Any way to address this?
Depends. What was the agreement for?

clarton

Exercising my option to renew the existing lease for an agricultural land which is currently leased to me where I am raising animals and birds. The deadline long passed.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
See a lawyer in your state about the possibility of suing the person with whom you have the agreement for breach of contract. Whether you can succeed depends a lot on what evidence each side has. What document does the landowner say he/she got instead of your signed agreement to take the option?

clarton

The landowner argues that he got a sales promotion document, which I sent months ago to my customers, about my animals, birds and plants. He is or was not my customer but, months ago, I gave him a copy of that sales promotion document when he visited the land to inspect.

I have a photo copy of that signed agreement that I have sent by USPS to renew the lease.

quincy

The landowner argues that he got a sales promotion document, which I sent months ago to my customers, about my animals, birds and plants. He is or was not my customer but, months ago, I gave him a copy of that sales promotion document when he visited the land to inspect.

I have a photo copy of that signed agreement that I have sent by USPS to renew the lease.
It might come down to your word against his.

Is there any reason why he would not want you exercising your option to renew the lease?

clarton

May be he changed his mind after signing the initial lease as he can get more monthly rent, than what I pay by renewing, if he leases it to someone else. May be he has other thoughts or using it for his own or selling, he never indicated any.

He has his wife to support. Will it add any additional weight to his story if this matter reach a court?

quincy

May be he changed his mind after signing the initial lease as he can get more monthly rent, than what I pay by renewing, if he leases it to someone else. May be he has other thoughts or using it for his own or selling, he never indicated any.

He has his wife to support. Will it add any additional weight to his story if this matter reach a court?
Possibly.

Do you have anything to counter his contention that you sent the wrong document?

clarton

I have nothing to counter his contention that I sent the wrong document, except having a photo copy of the signed agreement, and a photo copy of a small friendly note I attached to that signed agreement (he said, he did not receive any note!), and USPS receipts.

In terms of assessing credibility, what factors the court possibly consider?

In the future, I afraid, he may do similar things as the current lease will continue for almost an year from now. Could you advice me on how to create a proof or evidence to counter such surprises from him in the future?

quincy

I have nothing to counter his contention that I sent the wrong document, except having a photo copy of the signed agreement, and a photo copy of a small friendly note I attached to that signed agreement (he said, he did not receive any note!), and USPS receipts.

In terms of assessing credibility, what factors the court possibly consider?

In the future, I afraid, he may do similar things as the current lease will continue for almost an year from now. Could you advice me on how to create a proof or evidence to counter such surprises from him in the future?
Unbiased witnesses help.

clarton

Greatly appreciated.

About the hand-signed agreement I sent by USPS envelope, what are my chances of winning in a court?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">