• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Co-parenting websites?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MN

Just curious for opinions on Co-Parenting Websites (there was one profiled in our local paper this week but not sure if I can post a link?). The idea is that parents can log in and enter schedules, events, immunization info, expenses, etc etc to keep schedules accurate and reduce conflict. The entries are protected, so that one parent can not edit or remove entries by the other.

There is also info on parenting plans, confict resolution, and court and attorneys. Do you think a judge would be likely to order parents to use a website to facilitate co-parenting?

Artemis_ofthe_Hunt

ya know, I'm not sure on that one. But really if the both of you can agree to a schedule and such and it works for you, I don't think a judge would go back and say... I don't think so, I want you to do X....
I would think though, that you would need examples of what you've set up and both of you to sign off on said schedule.

Zephyr

I have a friend who was just recently ordered to use myfamilywizard.com, I know there are others too sharekids.com and some other ones....I think more and more judges are coming around to these types of tools

michandil

I have a friend who was just recently ordered to use myfamilywizard.com, I know there are others too sharekids.com and some other ones....I think more and more judges are coming around to these types of tools
Yes, I've seen them ordered too. And consented to.

I think they're terrific, especially in high-conflict situations that degenerate into he said- she said battles. The transparency of communications really pulls people into line- or exposes their bad conduct.

For parents that co-parent well or just have little glitches, they are a convenience and those parents tend to want ease, efficiency and resolution of conflict.

Artemis_ofthe_Hunt

I tried the myfamilywizard.com and got no hits on it... could it be minus the www.?

nevermind... its ourfamilywizard.com

and its about $180 for a two year subscription...

Last edited:

Isis1

Yes, I've seen them ordered too. And consented to.

I think they're terrific, especially in high-conflict situations that degenerate into he said- she said battles. The transparency of communications really pulls people into line- or exposes their bad conduct.

For parents that co-parent well or just have little glitches, they are a convenience and those parents tend to want ease, efficiency and resolution of conflict.
oh good god!! the horror!!!!!:eek:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">