• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cobra

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ReVint5

What is the name of your state?Massachusetts. I was asked to resign by my employer, but I had health insurance. It's been three weeks, shouldn't I have received Cobra paperwork?

lkc15507

ReVint5 said:
What is the name of your state?Massachusetts. I was asked to resign by my employer, but I had health insurance. It's been three weeks, shouldn't I have received Cobra paperwork?
Well, you should certainly eventually receive COBRA options, but three weeks is not necessarily outside the time frame. The main thing to remember is that you would have 60 days to elect COBRA after the qualifying event and / or notification, which ever is later. I urge you to speak to your previous employers' HR dept. to determine which date applies and the status. I have seen some pretty subtle notification techniques that may be unnoticed by the qualified beneficiary of COBRA. If you have a question, call them, take names etc.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Your employer is well within the legal time frame for sending you COBRA information. They have up to 44 days after the last day of employment/last day of coverage, whichever is later.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">