• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Code Violation 21456 - green to "flashy"hand crossing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Janesays

Thanks Carl ... I appreciate the insight. No wonder nobody walks in LA, haha. And the $300 is "civil assessment" ... not sure what that is.

I just feel raped and hopeless. I'm sure that the officer "thought" what he was doing was right - but sadly, I know that I didn't break the law. We watched two bicycle officers on the corner ticketing families, elderly, working people, etc. It was quite a sight to behold!

Lucky for me that I'd just lost my job and I'll now have plenty of time to go to court to fight this damn thing. I'm sure that they'll love to humiliate me in front of each other: I mean, who will believe an average citizen anyway??? Sheesh.

We watched two bicycle officers on the corner ticketing families, elderly, working people, etc. It was quite a sight to behold!
Why? Because you observed that the legal system applies to people with children and old folks? Sorry, but someone having a stroller/cane doesn't absolve them from the law. In fact, I would argue that these people needed to be ticketed more than anyone else, because of the dangers involved with crossing a street, let alone against a signal, are already hefty for children and seniors. Perhaps the ticket will remind them that they do NOT have immutable right-of-way.

Actually, I'm very happy they're doing this. Last month, a bunch of folks were on here complaining about "Failure to Yield" tickets, so it's nice to know that someone in CA realizes that there are as many ignorant pedestrians as there are drivers.

Lucky for me that I'd just lost my job and I'll now have plenty of time to go to court to fight this damn thing. I'm sure that they'll love to humiliate me in front of each other: I mean, who will believe an average citizen anyway??? Sheesh.
Yes - after all, the average citizen is innocent and law-abiding, right? It must be true, because you walk in any court, and they're full of people who think they're not guilty! Funny, then, how I have to almost constantly honk at pedestrians who are trying to sprint across the road when the traffic signal turns green...

patstew

I just feel raped and hopeless. I'm sure that the officer "thought" what he was doing was right - but sadly, I know that I didn't break the law.
So, go to court and make your case. If you lose, you can try asking for community service because you lost your job. It doesn't always work, but it might be worth a shot.

Janesays

In my case the light light was on "Walk" - so I am not guilty.

Yes - after all, the average citizen is innocent and law-abiding, right? It must be true, because you walk in any court, and they're full of people who think they're not guilty! Funny, then, how I have to almost constantly honk at pedestrians who are trying to sprint across the road when the traffic signal turns green...[/QUOTE]

C'mon now ... why don't you guys do me a huge favor an start ticketing all the people who don't use turn signals in this town. Or those people who drive parallel next to each other on the freeways doing ten miles below the speed limit. Those are the same people who DO NOT get over when there are emergency vehicles trying to get through. That's my favorite ... all those people get a big middle finger from me. And they are guilty.

Janesays

So, go to court and make your case. If you lose, you can try asking for community service because you lost your job. It doesn't always work, but it might be worth a shot.

Thank you!! I'm down for community service because it seems that all odds are against me otherwise. :(

C'mon now ... why don't you guys do me a huge favor an start ticketing all the people who don't use turn signals in this town.
That would be fantastic.

Or those people who drive parallel next to each other on the freeways doing ten miles below the speed limit.
That's not illegal, at least where I live.

Those are the same people who DO NOT get over when there are emergency vehicles trying to get through.
Since you've pretty much defined "everyone" by your last two sentences, I'll have to disagree on this one.

... all those people get a big middle finger from me. And they are guilty.
Then you could also be guilty of an improper hand signal - and yes, you can be ticketed for this.

Mitoman

Hey, I just got this ticket too

Not to bring this old thread up for no reason, I am trying to find out what happened to those who got the ticket, did you guys win the court?

I got a ticket for 21456(b) at wilshire/vermont in LA while having another officer directing the traffic, after the traffic cop waved his hand and asked me to go through i got a ticketted by another cop.

The ticket is $164, I already told the traffic cop the story and he said he'll sign the paper that he worked there that morning.

I am wondering if I have a good case here.

I_Got_Banned

Sounds to me that what happened to you is quite different from what happened to the OP in this thread so for your own sake & benefit, start and new thread and get your own personalized advice for the same low affordable price that you're paying by resurrecting an old thread.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">