• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Colorado: Non-compliant with LLC regs?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

GingerLaw

COLORADO

I am a resident of Denver, but my question concerns a duplex that I purchased in Aurora in September, 2008.
Yesterday, I received, from the Secretary of State's office, a postcard Notice of Grounds for Delinquency to the duplex property address. It says that I am in noncompliance with 7-90-901(1)(b), which has to do with filing the annual report for an LLC, I believe.
When I looked up the issue number on the SOS website, I found that an LLC was formed in April 2008 listing my property's address as the name of the LLC and the principle business address. The Articles of Organization form shows "WC" as the registered agent and an agent address in Boulder. I have never heard of "WC" and I have never done business with anyone at that Boulder address.
I fear that I might be made liable for whatever is going on here (What IS going on here?), and that there is possibly some sort of fraud occurring. How should I proceed in investigation and dissolution of any connection between me and "WC"? Any input will be much appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">