• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Commercial Bribery

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Florida

With regard to the below subsections of the Florida State Statutes, would it be potentially unlawful for an applicant to offer a cash incentive to an employment agency recruiter for appointment to an open position of which the agency is recruiting for and of which the applicant is seemingly qualified to fill?

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=Ch0838/titl0838.htm

It would appear to me these subsections are structured primarily around government and public officials, and those who represent or are affiliated with any branch of government or public official. There is a commercial bribery statute, but I'm not sure a human resource recruiter has any "statutory or common law duty". When reading the statutes, be sure to reference the definitions and relation between Commercial Bribe Receiving and Commercial Bribery itself.

Due to lost focus, I have purged my previous thread and recreated this one. Thanks.

Last edited:

So you're suggesting a statute title alone is enough to imply whether a crime has been committed? Please, don't get upset because I removed the previous thread but responses were deviating from its initial purpose.

Ok since it appears that noone truly knows the answer, because it is kind of tricky the way the Commercial Bribery Receiving statute is worded and the duties described in that section are referenced by the Commercial Bribery statute itself, here's what I am going to personally advise him.

Should he wind up in some type of legal trouble, I am going to advise that he:

1. Bribe the arresting officer.

2. If they won't collapse to financial incentive, bribe the state attorney.

3. If he is still unsuccessful, bribe the jury.

4. If that fails, at sentencing and in open court, bribe the judge.

5. Finally, bribe the correctional facility or correctional/probation officer. If still no results, then he's ultimately screwed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">