• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Communication problem with my ex

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? GA

Hi all, you may remember me from previous post...

I have yet another slight problem....Now my ex is refusing communication with me regarding our child. His wife is taking over all phone calls and text messaging. I have no problems with letting her know of minor issues regarding our child but major issue, I don't feel she need to handle. Is there anoth way I can convey information to my ex regarding his child if he's refusing to speak with me. He says since his wife and I don't get along quite well, we need to be forced to handle each other and that means letting her answer the phone and text messages..

Thanks for you help.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You could not speak to her - tell her that you will only speak with him.

You could do everything in writing.

You could go to court to force him to communicate with you directly.

You NEED to understand that, despite all of these steps, if hubby wants ex to be "in the know", then ex will be "in the know". For example, if you write him a letter. "His" response may very well be formulated and typed by her, with just his signature.

You could not speak to her - tell her that you will only speak with him.

You could do everything in writing.

You could go to court to force him to communicate with you directly.

You NEED to understand that, despite all of these steps, if hubby wants ex to be "in the know", then ex will be "in the know". For example, if you write him a letter. "His" response may very well be formulated and typed by her, with just his signature.
Thank you and this is true about him letting her "in the know"
I would like to know because it states in our court order that we have joint legal custody and I have primary physical custody with me being the ty breaker in all decisions, if his wife does respond for him, ultimately, it's my decision in the end, correct?

The reason I ask is because our child has a medical surgery that need to be performed and I wanted to inform the father of what will happend with our child and what treatment our child will need, in case he tried to refuse

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">