• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

comp and work

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Have to talk to my lawyer next week but maybe someone has some ideas. Am getting squeezed buy insurance to find work. I can only work 4 to 5 hrs a day and have a lift and sitting limit. I am also on extended medical leave from my job. I am using saved vacation and sick time to the tune of 10hrs a week to keep my health insurance(I just got my vacation for this year so i am good until about April of 2003).I would like to find a job but am told if I refuse a job my comp checks stop but if i take the job my employer can dismiss me and i loose my health insurance. kind of like between a rock and a hard place, insurance is too expensive and with spouse and I's health problems i doubt I could afford it. to make things more interesting i was sent to the insurance companys "independent" lets try one more dr who examined me for 20 min and I just found out that he recommended i return to work with no restrictions. His reccomendations was how they were going to base "a settlement" should of seen that comming. My treating phy said he would not release me to unrestricted work. I have a total of 3 Dr.s and tests that concur with these restrictions.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">