• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

compensation for loss wages/sick day

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JPeas

What is the name of your state? California

I was involved in an auto collision last December. I am in the process of settling my claim w/the other party's insurance. I took several half days off from work when my neck was in pain. Since I am an exempt employee, half days off are not considered sick days and no sick days were shown no the paycheck stub. However, I put in the time to make up the hours I took off later on. Questions:

1. Any suggestions on proofing my sick days claim to the insurance? My employer/supervisor will not issue any wage loss documentations since I did not take any FULL sick days.

2. If I go to the small claims court, how should I convince the judge that I took several half days off from work, but made up the hours on my own time. I can't bring a co-worker to court; it's just too much to ask.

ecmst12

You are not entitled to compensation unless you actually lost pay for time off. If your paycheck does not reflect reduced wages, then you have no claim for lost wages.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">