• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

complex wont fix pool

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? az
Does an apartment complex have the right to close down the pool area for months at a time because it was vandalized? There is no damage visible in the pool area except for a broken flowerpot. Office said there was vandalism and refuses to fix it until next month. When I moved here part of the reason I chose the complex was the pool. Its AZ and it is summer time I just think it is unfair that everyone suffers because one person was a jerk.

Cvillecpm

Leave at the end of your lease. This is not the way to "penalize" residents for an incident like this....RESIDENTS should be looking for who vandalized the pool and having discussions with the police.

ecmst12

What does your lease say about pool access? Perhaps they are leaving it closed until they can have security devices installed.

johnd

What does your lease say about pool access? Perhaps they are leaving it closed until they can have security devices installed.
Yes. The lease may explicitly limit access to the pool in cases just like this.

In addition tigerlily18, pools are a veritable breeding ground...a cesspool for bacteria. Just because one can't "see" other damage, does not mean it doesn't exist. If someone dumped a bunch of urine, e coli or antifreeze into the pool, I don't know that I would necessarily inform the tenants. I would close it, however, and try to catch the perps. I would also then clean it and install some form of security device. Uggggh. My friends asked me once to join them in their hottub...no thanks. Not that they lack all kinds of personal hygiene, but it may very well be safer to lick the conveyors and cart handles at your local grocery store than taking a dip at the public pool. Again, no thanks. And yes, chemicals can mitigate the bacteria. But what's worse? All those toxic chemicals....or some human bacteria? Public pools, hottubs, grocery store conveyor belts, money, are all heavily laiden with some very dangerous bacteria and or chemicals.

LindaP777

. My friends asked me once to join them in their hottub...no thanks. Not that they lack all kinds of personal hygiene, but it may very well be safer to lick the conveyors and cart handles at your local grocery store than taking a dip at the public pool. Again, no thanks. And yes, chemicals can mitigate the bacteria. But what's worse? All those toxic chemicals....or some human bacteria? Public pools, hottubs, grocery store conveyor belts, money, are all heavily laiden with some very dangerous bacteria and or chemicals.
SHEEZE! I thought I was a germ-a-phobe! Luckily, the human body was made to defend against bacteria. Pools and hot tubs when well maintained have limited bacteria and minimal chemicals (that dissipate quickly).

johnd

SHEEZE! I thought I was a germ-a-phobe! Luckily, the human body was made to defend against bacteria. Pools and hot tubs when well maintained have limited bacteria and minimal chemicals (that dissipate quickly).
When "well-maintained"...and not used incessantly as toilets and bathtubs...which many are. Germ-a-phobe? Hardly. Aware. I've had long discusions (and many laughs) with the biologists at the Wisconsin State Lab of Hygiene. A real eye opener (and wake-er-upper, for those that are a little squeemish) for the ill-educated (on these matters). Care for a dip anyone? The public pool is the brunt of many a joke...and for good reason. :eek::cool:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">