• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Condo Association Ran Up My Power Bill & Won't Pay It

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BlondiePB

seniorjudge said:
Why? Is there a school involved?
No kids are allowed in my community. :D

Seriously though, I went and got the bill. Here's the charges: electric service amount, gross receipts tax, franchise charge, and utility tax.

BTW, I've had 2 of my own mediations. Enjoy your chick hunting. ;)

JWL

Thank you Blondie.
Senior Judge, you are wrong pal. It hasn't cost me anything to complain. And unless I fail it won't cost me anything to take them to small claims court, either. And even if it does, it may be worth it to spend additional money to fail, because this gang running the Board and management company are hemorhaging money at every turn that isn't rightfully theirs, with total disregard for the owners. THey need to be challenged. THey need to be taught some lessons. They need to know that they can't just have their way when they are wrong. It IS the principle of the thing. You'ra a judge - aren't principles important?

seniorjudge

JWL said:
Thank you Blondie.
Senior Judge, you are wrong pal. It hasn't cost me anything to complain. And unless I fail it won't cost me anything to take them to small claims court, either. And even if it does, it may be worth it to spend additional money to fail, because this gang running the Board and management company are hemorhaging money at every turn that isn't rightfully theirs, with total disregard for the owners. THey need to be challenged. THey need to be taught some lessons. They need to know that they can't just have their way when they are wrong. It IS the principle of the thing. You'ra a judge - aren't principles important?
Small claims court deals only with money, not principles.

Post back with results.

BlondiePB

JWL said:
Thank you Blondie.
I'm no attorney, JWL. From what you have written on your post, I do not see that you have proof of what you suspect. I'm dealing with much bigger idiots than your Board that has resulted in signifcant, costly, and unnecessary damages to my condo from Wilma. I do have proof of all the negligence and excellent witnesses to boot. And, I rented an apartment that has a balcony view to my place. :cool:

JWL

Yes, I have proof. I have a letter that says you can't use your condo until further notice, and the doors will be left open, but the building will be locked up at night. Then I have one that says you can use it for the January 15th, 2005 owner's meeting if you sign a waiver that says you forgive the construction mess.

During the period they had control of my condo. The December, 2004 power bill got run up - not be me or any guest because there were none allowed in.

The people in control of the building were responsible for everything that went on in the building. They didn't ask permission not were they authorized to use the power metered to the individual condo owners. The Association has power outlets in the common areas (the hallways). I own my heating system and all the other electric devices in my condo, not the Association

What in the hell is so hard to understand about this?? Ha! My God no wonder the legal system is a hopeless mess. No IQ points out there running the show.

BlondiePB

JWL said:
Yes, I have proof. I have a letter that says you can't use your condo until further notice, and the doors will be left open, but the building will be locked up at night. Then I have one that says you can use it for the January 15th, 2005 owner's meeting if you sign a waiver that says you forgive the construction mess.

During the period they had control of my condo. The December, 2004 power bill got run up - not be me or any guest because there were none allowed in.

The people in control of the building were responsible for everything that went on in the building. They didn't ask permission not were they authorized to use the power metered to the individual condo owners. The Association has power outlets in the common areas (the hallways). I own my heating system and all the other electric devices in my condo, not the Association

What in the hell is so hard to understand about this?? Ha! My God no wonder the legal system is a hopeless mess. No IQ points out there running the show.
Whoa...calm down here, JWL. Other than this post, you stated "I think" which is not proof. Being a displaced hurricane victim myself, I sympathize with you in dealing with imbeciles on the BOD that have screwed things up. Please post back with the results from your day in court.

If you don't require the electricity being on (such as to prevent pipes from freezing), shut off the breakers and put locks on the breaker boxes. There's no reason to keep appliances running. Shut off the refridgerator and make sure the door to it and freezer are open.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">