• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Condo complex HOA running of buyers refusing to let me sell

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Rayoki

The condo complex I bought a room in a few months back is purposely running off buyers forcing incurring debt fees. I fell behind on payments and decided the smartest move was to sell, so the HOA would get their money during the sell and I could move on to bigger things
Here’s the thing: they refused to sign the final agreement after the estoppel and buyer approval. They lied in email saying “the buyer was approved and was scared off”, however the title company and my real estate agent said the HOA refused to sign the final sell letter.
This gets even crazier when you take in to account that these guys possibly planted illegal drugs in my truck and then tried to offer a price lowballing the crap out of the unit, after I was sent to jail and spend $2000 bailing myself and my truck out of impound. I had no idea there was even drugs in my truck and I do not ride around with anyone. My truck is always parked right next to the condo unit.
The condo HOA has absolutely no money, ripped all of the baseboards off in the hallways, really jacked the whole place up even worse.
I guess I’m wondering if I sue these guys, how it would work? They would file for bankruptcy, is there ever a chance I have enough evidence to force them to basically give up the whole condo complex over? Is there a deal I could mention in court or is it just a waste of time filing against a bankrupt HOA.

quincy

The condo complex I bought a room in a few months back is purposely running off buyers forcing incurring debt fees. I fell behind on payments and decided the smartest move was to sell, so the HOA would get their money during the sell and I could move on to bigger things
Here’s the thing: they refused to sign the final agreement after the estoppel and buyer approval. They lied in email saying “the buyer was approved and was scared off”, however the title company and my real estate agent said the HOA refused to sign the final sell letter.
This gets even crazier when you take in to account that these guys possibly planted illegal drugs in my truck and then tried to offer a price lowballing the crap out of the unit, after I was sent to jail and spend $2000 bailing myself and my truck out of impound. I had no idea there was even drugs in my truck and I do not ride around with anyone. My truck is always parked right next to the condo unit.
The condo HOA has absolutely no money, ripped all of the baseboards off in the hallways, really jacked the whole place up even worse.
I guess I’m wondering if I sue these guys, how it would work? They would file for bankruptcy, is there ever a chance I have enough evidence to force them to basically give up the whole condo complex over? Is there a deal I could mention in court or is it just a waste of time filing against a bankrupt HOA.
Please clarify: Did you buy a room in a condo complex or did you purchase a condominium? Who sold it to you?

Is the debt from failing to pay HOA dues or fees, or is the debt from failing to make payments on a mortgage?

Did you have an attorney handle the drug charges? What is the current status of the case?

I am unclear enough about your situation to say whether you can sue anyone successfully or who exactly you would sue. I can tell you that damages awarded in lawsuits generally can be discharged in bankruptcy (there are some exceptions).

Last edited:

quincy

... This gets even crazier when you take in to account that these guys possibly planted illegal drugs in my truck and then tried to offer a price lowballing the crap out of the unit, after I was sent to jail and spend $2000 bailing myself and my truck out of impound. ...

I guess I’m wondering if I sue these guys, how it would work? ...
A word of warning about the statement you made that I have bolded above: Do not publicly accuse any named individual (or small group of individuals) of planting drugs in your truck. To do so without proof of the truth of the statement could get you sued for defamation.

Once the police identify and charge the person or persons who planted the drugs in your truck (if they can and do, which might be unlikely), then you can sue the person or persons convicted of the crime, to recover your losses (e.g., impound fees, bail) and potentially be awarded damages for any demonstrated injury to your reputation.

Just Blue

What state?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">