• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

contingent fees and costs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jyoung

What is the name of your state? FL

i've just recently been relieved of a $500 mo. garnishment (on top of CS garnish) for an almost 100G fees and costs award. The award was reversed on appeal and remanded for lack of specific findings by the lower court. I also won a remand on an upward CS modification for similar reasons.
As it stands, we're heading back to court for a hearing...in the meantime due to the lack of net income to me and my family I fell into a deep credit card hole and am contemplating bk.

As any future potential award against me by the court of fees and costs is only going to show a portion of it related to child support, how should a bk filing pre-hearing be presented to the family court? I've been told and am about to look into cases where the lower court could not hold such hearings due to the bk filing....any information is appreciated...

the appeal, hearing and BK are all being done pro se...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">