• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contract Law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Masaye

Producing Payroll records & employee names & initials

What is the name of your state?Virginia -
As an independent contractor with a contract with a city in Virginia; am I obligated in any way to have to produce my payroll records for their accountants to review. We have had an 11-year working relationship and just signed a 5-year contract. In those 11 years everything was fine, but now, under this contract, effective November 2004, but wage increases didn't take place till 4-1-05 (go figure), they are demanding this, demanding that. We have complied with most of their demands, because they are basically in the contract. It has cost us thousands of dollars to comply with this contract. The contract says we will keep accurate payroll records, but says nothing about allowing them to review our payroll records. For them to request copies of our payroll records to verify we are paying our employees correctly, paying our taxes, etc., sounds ludicrous to me, and an invasion of my company records with no just cause, not to mention they are employees private info. Also they want sign-in sheets with employee initials so they can ensure the employee is signing in by checking their initials with prior sign-in sheets.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">