• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contract Preparation - FSBO

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Peach

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York (City)
My mother is selling her home to her niece. Since there is no real estate agent involved, she needs to arrange for a contract to be drawn. Who would be the best person to do this? A real estate attorney? Or is it a service that real estate agents provide for a fee, even if they are not listing your house?
Thanks.

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York (City)
My mother is selling her home to her niece. Since there is no real estate agent involved, she needs to arrange for a contract to be drawn. Who would be the best person to do this? A real estate attorney? Or is it a service that real estate agents provide for a fee, even if they are not listing your house?
Thanks.
**A: some Realtors do that for a flat fee acting as a real estate consultant. Your best course of action would be to have a real estate closing attorney do the paperwork.

FlyingRon

I agree with HG. Since you want a lawyer to review these things anyhow, you might as well let him prepare it. You can use the same lawyer for settlement most likely. I don't know who you are advocating for (mom or the niece) but I'd also recommend that the buyer get owner's title insurance as well. Further, if mom is up in the medicaid age, be sure that this is being done for fair market value to avoid screwing her eligibility.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">