• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contract rescinded due to HR error

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

katmo7

Like hell she was! where did you come up with that crap?
Maybe you should go back and read the OP posts CAREFULLY. The OP stated the following:

Yes I had a signed employment contract at x wage for y months.
Really, show the case law that supports this.
When I have time and can be bothered I will be glad to. The fact that you don't even know something this simple is mind boggling.

They won't find it useful because it is wrong and frankly you don't have an clue as to what you are talking about.
What exactly is WRONG that I posted? You're the one that is WRONG and don't have a clue or understand what I'm posting because of your clear lack of knowledge. I suggest you ask someone with a little bit more knowledge or pick up a phone and call an actual employment lawyer!

mlane58

Maybe you should go back and read the OP posts CAREFULLY. Maybe if you could comprehend what the OP orginally wrote

"As it stands the offer of employment was rescinded due to false information from the HR department."[/quote]

And then stated something of a contract. Oh yea! they think it is but it isn't as I have stated before 99% don't have contracts.

When I have time and can be bothered I will be glad to. The fact that you don't even know something this simple is mind boggling.
Take all the time you need junior, becuase you won't find it.

What exactly is WRONG that I posted? You're the one that is WRONG and don't have a clue or understand what I'm posting because of your clear lack of knowledge. I suggest you ask someone with a little bit more knowledge or pick up a phone and call an actual employment lawyer!
Anytime you want to match skills, let me know. I work with one of the largest employment law firms in the country and can keep up with them with no problem. Your problem is, you spew crap that you try to get other to beileve and frankly you are the one of the idiots that give HR a bad name.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Cut the kat some slack. She's got a lot her plate, what with trying to figure out if she's been fired and trying to get a refund from Harvard.

katmo7

I'm sitting here with an employment lawyer from Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale and Door in their Boston office and we can't get over how dumb you people are. I thought there would be actual lawyers on this forum to converse with to get correct LEGAL information and as it turns out I know more than any one on here. It's funny how clueless some of you "HR professionals" are and I'm scared to death for your Company if you represent them if you are ever hit with a law suit from an employee! Your Company will be SCREWED!

Zigner

I'm sitting here with an employment lawyer from Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale and Door in their Boston office and we can't get over how dumb you people are. I thought there would be actual lawyers on this forum to converse with to get correct LEGAL information and as it turns out I know more than any one on here. It's funny how clueless some of you "HR professionals" are and I'm scared to death for your Company if you represent them if you are ever hit with a law suit from an employee! Your Company will be SCREWED!
And yet, you're asking basic UI questions on the other thread.

:rolleyes:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Y'know, I used to work for Wilmer Hale and I'm really surprised that any of the attorneys there are sitting there on a message board with you. I'm even more surprised that you're willing to pay them for the time you sit and argue with us on a message board.

mlane58

Sure you are. You are really pathetic.

katmo7

Y'know, I used to work for Wilmer Hale and I'm really surprised that any of the attorneys there are sitting there on a message board with you. I'm even more surprised that you're willing to pay them for the time you sit and argue with us on a message board.
You people can believe what you want. I don't care I'm done with this forum anyways, I've haven't gotten anything from it..just a bunch of snotty replies from people who can't answer questions directly and lack any kind of real knowledge except for a very few. Yes, there was an employment attorney that was sitting in here with me. I reporting in to him for the summer and I told him about a few case studies I'm working on and told me it was an excellent idea to post on forums to see how knowledgeable HR professionals are regarding certain matters. I told him about some of the replies and he was interested so he took a look and was also shocked at the lack of knowledge on HR legal issues and the inability for direct answers to questions.

katmo7

On that note...I guess HR is really a dying profession and a reason it's so hard for it to be viewed anything more than an administrative role in many Companies...some of you people are a fine example of why HR is viewed this way by many organizations..sorry to say....

Zigner

You people can believe what you want. I don't care I'm done with this forum anyways, I've haven't gotten anything from it..just a bunch of snotty replies from people who can't answer questions directly and lack any kind of real knowledge except for a very few. Yes, there was an employment attorney that was sitting in here with me. I reporting in to him for the summer and I told him about a few case studies I'm working on and told me it was an excellent idea to post on forums to see how knowledgeable HR professionals are regarding certain matters. I told him about some of the replies and he was interested so he took a look and was also shocked at the lack of knowledge on HR legal issues and the inability for direct answers to questions.
Yes, I'm sure that after reading your posts, he was.

Now, send the nice attorney back to his office and get to work you silly person you.

eerelations

1. You are absolutely NOT sitting with an attorney reviewing this site. I have never heard such BS in my life!

2. You are NOT a Harvard graduate. Again, more BS.

3. Just because you worked as a receptionist (or a file clerk or a cleaner or as a lunch room lady or whatever) at a law firm at some time in your life does NOT mean you know more about the law than any one of us here (let alone all of us).

4. We're sick and tired of trying to help you with your homework. As you know, we don't do other people's homework for them, so take your case studies and go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">