• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

conveyance of property at death

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

missourimover

What is the name of your state? Missouri

Is there a way to include either a first right of refusal to buy, or an outright conveyance clause into a deed?

I will be building on my sister's property and we want to make sure that when/if I die that she has an iron clad right to purchase the property ahead of any others, or, that the deed automatically transfers. I don't want to grant an ownership stake immediatly as in joint tenancy where all parties have owners rights including sale, but want the succession guaranteed. I understand that a will, or trust documents can be utilized, but want a more iron clad and unchangeable mode.

pojo2

missourimover said:
What is the name of your state? Missouri

Is there a way to include either a first right of refusal to buy, or an outright conveyance clause into a deed?

I
Yes, find a local Atty versed in Realestate and Estate matters.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">