• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Copies of paper work

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cardinal48

What is the name of your state? Minnesota

My parents passed away 5 years ago. My brother in law was left as trustee of the estate. Everything has been sold with the last of the estate being sold 2 months ago. It was some land in Florida. My brother in law divided the proceeds as he thought should be and I was fine with that. There is myself, my sister and two brothers. What my questions is, as an heir to this estate am I entitled to copies of the paper work. I have a file of my own on the affairs of the estate and when this last bit of property was sold in Florida my sister became VERY defensive when I asked her for a copy of the closing papers on the land just to have in my records. So I would like to know if I am entitled to copies.
Thank you for your response.

seniorjudge

You are entitled to copies of all the paperwork.

In fact, I could go to the courthouse and get a copy of the file myself since it is public record.

I suggest that's what you do: go to the courthouse and make a complete copy of the file.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">