• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Corporate Contract questions / help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

brap

What is the name of your state? VA

I own a web company / lead generation company. I signed a contract with another company in Chicago to help me do online advertising on the three major search engines Google, Yahoo, and MSN. I paid them a 3k initial setup fee, plus I give them 15k/month to do the advertising. Of that 15k they take 2250 as a management fee, and then attempt to spend the remaining 12750 on my advertising the service I provide.

They have done a horrible job. Since I've started with them in January, I have signed over 62k worth of checks to cover their management fees, setup fees and the cost of advertising. So far all they have been able to is earn back 6k. They are aware of the value of each product they advertise. However they continually do things such as spend $200 to earn only $35 back.

The contract I signed with them was for 6 months. At the end of every month thus far I have notified them of my dis-satisfaction with their performance and that it was unacceptable. Each time they promised me they would come up with a new strategy to turn things around, and each time they have managed to spend way more than I get in return.

Last friday May 2nd I notified them that I wanted to terminate business with them, even though the contract I signed with them has 2 months left on it. They told me I can't, that they are a publicly traded company and they don't let people out of contracts. They then agreed to have a conference over the phone with me the following Monday May 5th to discuss what is happening and come up with another game plan to fix the situation. May 5th I contacted them and the person I was suppose to contact was not at work, he told me we would speak on Tuesday May 6th. Since Tuesday May 6th no one is responding to me.

Mean while, my company is losing money because I am unable to spend money I budgeted to advertising in case I have to spend that money on them to fulfill the contract.

I advertise in other advertising sources and make positive income in those areas, it is only with this company that I am having a major loss. I advertise the same product everywhere.

Is there anything that can be done? My company is losing money because of them, and furthermore I have contracts to meet quotas for whom I offer my services, Which I can not complete due to the problems I am having with the advertising company I hired.

Losing this kind of money, and their incompetence to the online advertising field was never mentioned in the sales pitch they gave me before I agreed to sign with them. If I wanted to lose that kind of money, I could have done it on my own without paying someone else.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">