• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

court and not working

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hearts41

What is the name of your state? FL

X hubby and I had the contempt hearing, and now about ten days later he informs me he has no job! :mad: Nothing new about that, he quits a job about every year.
So, no job, didn't make the purge payment, and who knows when he will work again.
He told the hearing officer that he had already made the purge payment on the 16th, the magistrate made it due by May 23rd.
Thanks for letting me vent.

Gracie3787

What is the name of your state? FL

X hubby and I had the contempt hearing, and now about ten days later he informs me he has no job! :mad: Nothing new about that, he quits a job about every year.
So, no job, didn't make the purge payment, and who knows when he will work again.
He told the hearing officer that he had already made the purge payment on the 16th, the magistrate made it due by May 23rd.
Thanks for letting me vent.
Did the magistrate address what would happen if the purge isn't paid by the 23th?

hrichards2

losing job

That sure sounds familiar, lol. I just went to court in Feb. for nonpayment of child support over 4000 dollars and the day after court, the contempt charge, basically, he "lost" his job. Still, now June 2nd, has not paid the contempt of court charge. Funny how these people get away with this stuff isn't it?

hearts41

Funny maybe, sad most assuredly.

Thats correct OG, you can never depend on CS, ever. However, I won't let him off the hook either. I was once naive and counted CS in my budget, never again. Learned that the hard way.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">