• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

court date conflict

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mediate This!

flygrl said:
See??? What did I tell you. Never ONCE has there been any type of court order that says that we are to only communicate thru attorneys. Nope - Now at one point that is what HE wanted - but the lawyers decided that was a waste of money - so we went back to cell phone and email.
Yep...you're clueless. When it comes to court stuff, you communicate through each other's lawyers. You don't need a "court order" for this. :rolleyes:

Frankly, I would have never called him if he would respond to emails and answer questions about his visitation time.
Is he under a "court order" to respond to your written correspondence?

See...I can play this "court order" card and sound like a moron.

So therefore - since there is not court order saying I can only communicate with the aid of my lawyer - I can't be in contempt!!
Wow. You ARE clueless.

thefid

flygrl said:
What is the name of your state? OH

My X husband and I have been in litigation for 3 years regarding child support. He has managed to keep deflecting from that subject in the court by filing (and losing) several contempt charges against me.

We finally have a full day hearing on May 11.

BUT - he just fired his second lawyer and the new one already HAS a court date for then.

He has already gotten this continued once - but what will the court decide in this situation?

I don't know why he fired this last lawyer - except that he keeps losing - but that has nothing to do with her - I was clearly not in contempt (and the motions were not well taken by the magistrate).

It will be months and months before we can get another full day hearing. I am almost in the poor house for all the money he owes me.

How can I get the court to hear my case in May?

flygrl

Don't worry about the money, delaying the case will only add to his problems when the court finally awards you the judgment. IF he is really trying to avoid paying CS, then it will come back to haunt him. If he is fighting an increase in CS, then it will only add up as most states will start the new amount from the time of the original filing. I have my kids 40% of all nights and went to court to have the decree reflect the actual time and my ex countered with an increase in CS. That was 3 years ago and my case was thrown out a couple months ago, leaving the increase support as the only issue... needless to say I was screwed with thousands in arrearages (and more for her lawyer fees) on top of the increase based on sole custody. Regardless of the fact I support them nearly half the time already at my house. :(

As for the court date, eventually the judge will get sick of it and prevent further delays. Usually older cases get higher priority during scheduling.

thefid

Last edited by a moderator:

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
The link I provided earlier was simply a listing of flygrl's previous threads. Easy enough to get through her profile. She's hardly the innocent in all this - they deserve each other. Poor kids, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">