• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Court orders preventing ex girlfriend from having an abortion or attempting suicide

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Silverplum

I am the wife of the father of the baby. Since he he is not capable of understanding his rights, he asked me to find out. We were separated when he was with her. We live in Texas. He is just wanting to protect his baby and I am choosing to support him through this situation.
Oh. Well, then.

You have no rights. He has no rights. Run along, now.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I am the wife of the father of the baby. Since he he is not capable of understanding his rights, he asked me to find out. We were separated when he was with her. We live in Texas. He is just wanting to protect his baby and I am choosing to support him through this situation.
You are a legal stranger. Dad needs to be able to comprehend. If he is not able to do so, he has nothing. Furthermore, HE cannot stop her from aborting the child. He has NO legal rights here. He is not even the father of the unborn child. He has nothing.

tranquility

As the others have said, he has no "rights", only potential responsibilities. I await Bali Hai's input to claim how wrong that is.

I understand the issue of two people determining to tango and only one gets the ability (Statistically speaking.) to determine if both are obligated to 18 years (About, depending.) of a commitment. IF a fertilized egg/blastocyst/embryo/fetus is...alive or a person, once you get there, both parties should be all in. If not, then the man should have some rights to end or not pay for the birth to child life. I started to give the reason, but had to delete many times. The issue is hard. We have a legal scheme. That the legal scheme does not comport to logic makes me think that either the law is wrong or the determination of life/alive is wrong.

I suspect my call is not in the majority of people who post.

But, DanielleNorman, I suspect the value you seek here is greatly reduced from your post. I suggest you have the father post if you want more. I also suggest that if he does, the answer will not change that much. We are people with biases. Biases go to what one thinks in general. When additional facts come in, some might engage their super-legal-brains. Most of us have pride. We hate being wrong. A friend of a friend of a friend who writes is only asking what we think of such things. The person in the situation is going to get better.

Proserpina

Legally, there is no baby.

Legally, he is at the mercy of the pregnant lady.

He's .. not "capable"? Are you telling us that he is a vulnerable adult?

ecmst12

Sounds like she is best off getting that abortion, for her own health. You and your husband need to leave her alone. Her body is not his property and it doesn't sound like he's concerned about her in the slightest. He should have been more careful with his sperm while you were separated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">