• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Court update

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TNBSMommy

What is the name of your state? TN
Well, I went back to court (again) yesterday. For those of you who don't know or remember.... My ex is over 20Thousand behind in CS and I have been trying to get him into court.... Finally did, and he actually stuck around this time!!!! The judge laid into him about all his excuses, and sentenced him to 6 months in jail or pay the full 20something thousand he owes, however, since he is working(as of last monday-I think this is job number 4 or 5 since March) And it was called and verified that he was, his sentence is suspended, as long as he stays current on CS, as we were leaving the DA told him, (and I quote)"Miss one payment, and I will have you picked up" My husband and I giggled all the way home about the judge laying into him. It was pretty funny watching him finally be held accountable for everything. He even got on to him for not having a license, and when he told my ex he should buy a bike to get to work,it was all I could do not to fall over laughing when my ex replied, "I have one, I just need to fix it." The judge also told him he finds it pathetic that ncp's can't ever seem to hold/find a job when cp's generally ALWAYS have jobs, if not two...
Even if he doesn't pay, I still win, in my eyes. I can't miss CS since I haven't had it, right.
I also found out I have 2 pretty big IRS checks holding. They can hold them up to 6 months and one of them goes off hold tomorrow. the other can be held up till Dec. 26th. So those will be nice. Someone in the DAs office is going to call monday and find out what she can about why they are holding and how long they will hold for....
Well, sorry for rambling, I am just really happy.... hope everyone is having a good day. :)

E

Esimon1

I'm happy for you TNBS! Any victory is a great victory! I'm so glad that at least one more person in this world was finally held acountable for his actions! Best of Luck.

CMSC

I am soooooo happy for you!!! I lost your email addy and was going to email you the other day, thought maybe you fell off the face of the earth hadn't heard from ya in a while!:D

X

XGermanGirl

Congratulations!

I'm happy things turned out in your favor! How right you are about the NCP! I can sympathize with you(well, my husband can). He hasn't seen a dime for his kids since February!

TNBSMommy

Thanks everyone. I guess only time will tell if this will work. I am by no means adding the CS to my budget, but that extra would be nice. And if nothing else, seeing him go to jail or have to pay the entire amount would be just as good, if not better than getting the 96 a week he is ordered to pay.I had spoken to his wife a couple of weeks ago, she called me to find out what was going on and why he was arrested again(he had told her he got a continuance at the last court hearing-so I had to set her straight) I played off the sob story, which was only partially true. Our budget was tight, but that was b/c we had to fix a vehicle, and then pay over a hundred in school fees for my kids to start school(not to mention clothes/supplies, etc.) Anyway, at one point my husband went outside for a minute, and my ex pulled me aside saying "I thought you were doing this to be vindictive, I didn't realize you really needed the money until ### talked to you." I didn't bother dicussing my money with him, I just told him, I wanted my kids taken care of, and that was all that mattered to me.
The judge also asked him how he lived all these years without a license, and not having a steady job.I wanted so badly to jump in there and say, "He is living off our taxes, your honor" But I was a good girl :)
Ryry's mom, I am still here, lol, but since school started I only have maybe an hour on the pc a day, all my afternoons are taken up by a couple hours of homework, then dinner, baths and bedtime, and by the time we are through with all that I am exhausted and fall into bed myself. So I havent been here much.
The email I prefer to receive mail at is [email protected]. Drop me a line sometime, I do check that every morning, even if I dont have time to come on the site. take care everyone, I am off to work. Sorry for rambling again.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">