• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CP use of Speakerphone

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

goodmama1

What is the name of your state?Indiana. I am a new NCP. I think I have a right to private conversations with my children. Children are pre school age. CP uses a speakerphone for all conversation I have w/them. I agree it is easier for them to just listen and hear my voice even if they don't want to talk, but it makes me uncomfortable to know I can't ask them questions about how they are feeling. If I touch on anything CP doesn't like, he disconnects. Can he do this? Where can I find specific rights I have? How can I document everything CP does to violate my rights?

goodmama1

It says absolutely nothing at all. I am in the habit of talking to my children every night. I read bedtime stories and sing songs to them. When the children lived with me, my ex generally called daily. I never listened in on his conversations. He uses the speakerphone for convenience (that's his excuse). I understand the benefit, but it bothers me that there is no privacy.

Zephyr

the children are preschool age so that makes it a little more iffy, would they actually talk on the phone? however I understand your wanting privacy with the kids, the judge in my case DID quite harshly tell my ex to quit demanding my son stay in the same room with him while son was on the phone with me, so the courts sometimes do recognize the need for parents to have private convos with their kids. but at preschool age that is hard to do, my daughter- just turned 4 will just set the phone down mid-conversation and go do something else :)

Rushia

Zephyr said:
my daughter- just turned 4 will just set the phone down mid-conversation and go do something else :)
Mine will try and show her father her toys, TV, her brother, her dog**************

NotSoNew

my daughter is two and she will carry on a phone convo with you for a little while! but if your order doesnt even say anything about phone calls, he doesnt have to give them to you at all :(

Rushia

Zephyr said:
LOL- or they nod their head to answer questions :D
I love it when they ask their father if they can talk to their 1 year old brother. I hate it when they answer the phone and tell their dad (I've told them if they hear daddy on the ans machine they can pick it up) I'm in the "potty".

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">