• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CPS wont talk to me if i have a lawyer ...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Proserpina

Ok ... what are these red flags ? Am i not entitled to have them play fair and by the rules ?
What would you do in this exact situation ... exactly?

(START)
Im looking at it like this. If you are accused of a crime against a child. You lawyer isnt going to let you talk to cps ... who can be called ...as witness against you.

So CPS listens to the psycho exwife. files an indicated report. No arrestable charge is ever filed against you because the cops figure out that she is lying or embellishing or even figure out what you did id allowed by NYS penal law article 35. (or even the moms best friend is the cps worker (just throwing it out there as an example) and they are trying to get a indicated report against you so she can soak you for a **** ton of child support)

Now you go to have this indicated cps report changed to unfounded and the county says ... heres the report your honor. I object to the report. She accepts it anyways. Now in this proceeding your silence can be held against you. Since the report is entered into evidence against you and if you do not testify NO WAY you are going to win this ... so you testify.

Then the judge upholds the indicated report based upon your testimony ALONE. Hence ... im screwed

Tho ... i certainly wouldnt have testified if the report wasnt entered into evidence. Therefore i see the judge made a mistake of law and it will be overturned when i file my suit. ALTHOUGH i have found out whats fair, legal, and moral plays no basis in what happens in court.
I mean ... they should ask around. I dont just get blown off and accept a wrong doing without fighting. (END)
What might you do then ?

You have fun with that.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Seriously? You can't afford to NOT have a lawyer. You are not going to do well fending for yourself. Not at all.

notarealname

Seriously? You can't afford to NOT have a lawyer. You are not going to do well fending for yourself. Not at all.
I have not found anybody lawyer wise that is any good. Everything i have seen is all about minimizing. Hello ... if they violate the law then lets friggin fight not oh well lets try to get the best deal we can.
Did give me an idea tho. There is one guy ... seems to fight. I forgot about him.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I have not found anybody lawyer wise that is any good. Everything i have seen is all about minimizing. Hello ... if they violate the law then lets friggin fight not oh well lets try to get the best deal we can.
Did give me an idea tho. There is one guy ... seems to fight. I forgot about him.
So you have bucketloads of money, yes? And yes, it is often a better plan to come to an agreement/get the best deal than fight balls-to-the-wall. The latter frequently leaves you (a) with a decision you're not happy with and (b) broke. But run with it. Since you're obviously so much smarter and more capable than anyone else.

notarealname

So you have bucketloads of money, yes? And yes, it is often a better plan to come to an agreement/get the best deal than fight balls-to-the-wall. The latter frequently leaves you (a) with a decision you're not happy with and (b) broke. But run with it. Since you're obviously so much smarter and more capable than anyone else.
There is no in between.
Its either indicated or unfounded.
Well ... what exactly would you suggest ? Not fight it ... because its cheaper ? Swallow my rights because ... we dont wanna make waves even if they did not act according to the law ... no biggie ?

Feel free ... to advise me just exactly what you would do in my situation .. please and thank you.

I dont claim to be smarter than every one else. Heck thats why i came here.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
There is no in between.
Its either indicated or unfounded.
Well ... what exactly would you suggest ? Not fight it ... because its cheaper ? Swallow my rights because ... we dont wanna make waves even if they did not act according to the law ... no biggie ?

Feel free ... to advise me just exactly what you would do in my situation .. please and thank you.

I dont claim to be smarter than every one else. Heck thats why i came here.
Given that your posts imply that you fdd whatever was ndicated (beyond what is "allowed by law"), I really have little interest in advising you. Sorry.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">