• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

credit card 14 years old

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dimond58

What is the name of your state? N.C.
In 1988 in part of her divorce to her 1st husband the judge ordered him to pay a credit card debt. They sent her letters and she made one payment in 89. now 14 years later some one has bought this debt and are trying to collect. my wife spoke to some one a few months back and told them 1st. husband was ordered to pay ( do not know where he is). she was told they would lower the amount she informed him that the SOL on this had ran out and she would talk to her husband ( me ) about it. today a woman called about this matter she said that they were preparing legal action for the end of the month. when I informed her that the SOL had ran out she tried telling me that in 2000 the law changed and it didnot apply to credit card debt. is this true? I then ask for their mailing address she ask why I needed it I told her I just wanted it. she told me I didnt need it she could set up payments. I told her I wanted the address so I could,in writing get verifaction of this debt. she sent me to another woman who VERY nastily would not give me their address also.
Can they take this to small claims court?

bigun

Camco or, White wing?
The SOL in NC is 3 years. They can try to sue but, you just respond with the SOL defense. CC's are open accounts and defined by the Truth in Lending Act. That lawhasn't changed.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STATE: NORTH CAROLINA
INTEREST RATE

Legal: 8%
Judgment: 8%
STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS (IN YEARS)

Open Acct.: 3
Sale of Goods: 4
Written Contract: 3
Domestic Judgment: 10
Foreign Judgment: 10

bigun

Go to www.ripoffreport.com and type in Camco in the search engine and you'll see the sort of scum you're dealing with.
Also, I'm going to introduce you to a Camco Killer. Go to www.cardreport.com and post this with Camco in the title of the post. A guy named Scott will respond with an email address. He's the Scott on ripoffreport that rebuts Camco's rebutal's. He's Ok and is in contact with a lot of lawyers and AG's regarding Camco and their illegal operation. He'll help you get rid of them and also help you file complaints with people that will get some action.

dimond58

One thing I didnot mention at first. My wife answered the phone and talked with them first she told the woman she had not worked since Feb. of this year due to a med. reason. Her reply was " well you havent filed for dissablty" How dose she know what my wife has or has not filed for?

K

kevinss

How dose she know what my wife has or has not filed for?

A: There are a multitude of databases out there with so much personal information on you it would make your head spin. Just to get an idea about what kinds of things DO exist, check this URL out:

http://www.lexisnexis.com/productsandservices/

Scary, huh?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">