• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

credit scores and reports

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

45Frank

NC
Hope this is the right forum for this.
I have been trying to get my Credit Report for 6-8 months. I've gone on line to the free links, the pay links, sent letters to the credit bureaus and I keep getting the same response. We aren't able to verify your information. I even went to the bank I deal with and they tried to run a report and it said the same, unable to verify.
I did belong to Chase ID protection for years and that even stopped working. I called them is all they would do is ask me a bunch of questions then say the information I gave them don't match theirs.
Need some help.

45Frank

OK I got no response so I will post where I'm at and maybe some can throw some suggestions. I finally got a CR from one of the big three. On there it states the last two place I've lived, both street names are wrong. My name is spelled three different ways all wrong, none of my employees are correct and I have a cousins name on my report for what reason I don't know. (This may be the problem)I called this company and they tried to give me some direction because I had a report number. But I still can't join their service or any other because the questions I am asked have the wrong answers. There are things on the report that are not mine!
How do I get these things fixed if the credit agencies can not verify who I am. The women from the one co. tried to walk me through the co. on line dispute section but we couldn't get to it because my ID is not verifiable. Everything is automated and when you get a question wrong your done. You have three tries at a bunch of questions then locked out for 72 hours.
How do I repair this?

Proserpina

Pay $1 to get a free trial with that certain company with the ubiquitous and Very Annoying Song.

Yes, you'll have to answer the security questions but you should know the answers, no?

Even with the free services though, all you need to do if you forget/don't know the answers, is fax through your ID per the requirements on the letter they should have mailed to you.

45Frank

Pay $1 to get a free trial with that certain company with the ubiquitous and Very Annoying Song.

Yes, you'll have to answer the security questions but you should know the answers, no?

Even with the free services though, all you need to do if you forget/don't know the answers, is fax through your ID per the requirements on the letter they should have mailed to you.
That's been the problem their answers to the questions are wrong. My report has someone else's info on it as well as mine.
Example question Did you live at a specific street and there's three answers with none of the above. Well I pick none of the above and it's wrong because there are several addresses on my report that I am clueless to. Another was your last auto loan was between three choices and none of the above, I haven't had an auto loan in years. I even had the women from the one co. try to walk me through it.
I'm going to try another letter asking that things be removed with proper spellings and addresses. I have done this once already and got sorry we can't help you these items have been verified or we can't verify your ID. Another example was a phone bill from a company that I have, how can I owe thousands and still have this company they would cut me off.
After this I don't know what to do to get these things removed.

Tayla

Try a consumer advocacy lawyer in your area. My first three consults were free and they primarily "guided" on steps. They monitored ways to approach the Credit reporting Agencies. If for nothing else, they are a resource for consumers who have this problem.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">