• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Criminal Background

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sirhibernac

Dear GOD!

OH DEAR GOD! Rentertoo I cannot believe that you even waste your time visiting these forums and bad mouthing just about everyone you attempt to give advice to. The entire time that Beth has been trying to help this person you have been ripping him to shreds for no other better reason than being a horse's a** . One of two things are obvious to me about you...(and I apologize to the others in this post for me doing this....but I find not a better time than after reading this particular post many times over and becoming more frustrated over Rentertoo's immature attitude)

1. You have been fired and are completely holding the world's biggest grudge against big business's, or business period.

OR

2. You are 12 years old and are experiencing puberty which sends many hormones throughout your brain, and anger + stupidity are the main side effects.

Simply put YOU are the one causing the racist remarks by ripping on this person. All he did was come to this public forum to ask a simple question. I'm sure he did not intend to direct it towards anyone or cause a big fuss over it. But I guess everything in this world is a big fuss to you. Do a favor for all of us, and learn to keep your mouth shut until you actually educate yourself on laws before trying to eat more than your foot, leg, and a** at the same time.

(Again I apologize to the others in this forum, and particularly in this post. For the past week I have been trying to read up on many different laws, and throughout browsing in this forum I have come accross many different posts from Rentertoo that have little, or no business being posted. My apologies especially go towards the senior members that work very hard to bring solid advice for those of us that have little understanding of the laws right now and are trying to better our lives through self education. Education is the source of independance and freedom......Knowledge is power, and stupidity is well.....stupid.):D

R

retertoooo

Oh gee whiz.....

The man want to be judged on his qualifications.... then he should leave being Black out of it.

That is racism.

Unless he can prove that another PERSON of ANY color has a criminal record and was hired with that company, then he is wasting everyones time.

What he and beth are proposing is usung race as a loophole to either get a job or to sue for some imagined discrimination.

Why not look at ads in the newspaper that are BLATANTLY discrimatatory in the LEGAL FIELD..

How about code words like recent college graduate, you mean because i graudated 10 years ago i cant apply? (hint: must be 22or23 years old)

Must be from a good school ? oh you mean because i went to a no name night school i cant apply to your company? (hint: want lots of student loan debt so youll keep quiet about the krappy jobs i give you and not quit)

And a high GPA the school merged and then went out of busines so i have no idea where to get a transcript so i cant show you the law courses i took. ( but we want the brightest even if all you got was straight A's is gym and european art)

Or entry level paralegal duties include document production, answering phones ordering supplies and making coffee......(a hint: no males)

or how about parale-GAL

Now that funcdoc is in your face discrimination

Last edited:
F

funcdoc

I thank everyone (including retertoooo) here for all of their help. I will continue to research.

T

tkern1230

Why does race have anything to do with this?

The employer has the right not to hire anyone with a felony on their criminal record. Although I agree with the fact that it happened a long time ago and the employer should have perhaps taken the age in to consideration, they still are not disparately treating anyone by not hiring someone that is a convicted felon.

It amazes me how people run to the EEOC when they don't like a decision that is perfectly legal. Get the conviction taken off of your record if you can, and quit using your color as an excuse to shop for answers when you don't want to hear the truth.

F

funcdoc

You are right. Color should not have anything do with this. There is much more to this story. In their own application, they state that a "felony conviction will not necessarily bar you from employment" and I assumed that meant that each person's individual situation would be considered. I was truthful on the application in disclosing that fact that I had a conviction, but I was not given a chance to explain the circumstances.

R

retertoooo

it sounds like a general Corporate double speak...

yeah it wont bar you from employment...BUT NOT AT THIS COMPANY!!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">