• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CS and Medical, suggestions?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Oklahoma

The bio father (thru DNA etc) was ordered to pay $163.00 per month and 50 % of all medical not covered by insurance. The child will be 3 in March. The father did not show up in court and now has contempt charges with a purge fee in a small percentage of the 7,000 he owes.

The child in question has a dental appt. in 1 week that will cost me $780 AFTER insurance. The father has never paid one penny for CS though I bring the girl to see him weekly per court order.

I am at my wits end. He refuses to pay anything period. He is now staying out of town to avoid being picked up by the police though he is suppose to be on probation for a felony. His probation officer will not give me any information.

When is enough, enough? I have waited one and a half years to get some type of support or help with clothing etc and nothing has come to light. CSED says their hands are tied. He lives 5 minutes from me..help!

B

betterthanher

Copperarab said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Oklahoma

The bio father (thru DNA etc) was ordered to pay $163.00 per month and 50 % of all medical not covered by insurance. The child will be 3 in March. The father did not show up in court and now has contempt charges with a purge fee in a small percentage of the 7,000 he owes.

The child in question has a dental appt. in 1 week that will cost me $780 AFTER insurance. The father has never paid one penny for CS though I bring the girl to see him weekly per court order.

I am at my wits end. He refuses to pay anything period. He is now staying out of town to avoid being picked up by the police though he is suppose to be on probation for a felony. His probation officer will not give me any information.

When is enough, enough? I have waited one and a half years to get some type of support or help with clothing etc and nothing has come to light. CSED says their hands are tied. He lives 5 minutes from me..help!
On the medical thing, you need to check your order to see if dental is included. Usually, medical and dental are separate and if it's not specifically indicated, you might be footing the bill for the dentist.

As far as CSED, they're hands are tied. There is only so much authority they have. Do you know how many obligors who are doing the same thing?

If he didn't show, it's most likely because he was fearing he would be arrested. As far as him being on probation for a felony, no-showing for a child support hearing might NOT qualify as a violation. If he's not paying support, that MIGHT (it would probably vary by state guidelines, but I think on a federal level, if the amount reaches a certain amount, it becomes a felony).

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">