• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CS mod.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dolfan82

AZ

Hello Community,

I just found out this week that I never rec. a 50 cent raise I thought I was entitled to. In my past hearing I gave the judge my gross income including that raise.

Would it be much of a diff. if I file for a modification of CS?

Antigone*

AZ

Hello Community,

I just found out this week that I never rec. a 50 cent raise I thought I was entitled to. In my past hearing I gave the judge my gross income including that raise.

Would it be much of a diff. if I file for a modification of CS?
Really:confused: You have got to be kidding

dolfan82

Okay so let's just have you pay me the $80 difference every month that I suppose is a joke to you.

I know that bills have no merits in calculating CS but I am really struggling making ends meet.

CS is and obligation I am aware of it, but realistically you and I know the mother will not use the money %100 towards our son.

dolfan82

Exactly, so if I could save any money by modifying the current CS, I think I should.

Ideally I would like the order to be half and half; thus joint custody. I support him with my half when I have him and same for mother.

Proserpina

Exactly, so if I could save any money by modifying the current CS, I think I should.

Ideally I would like the order to be half and half; thus joint custody. I support him with my half when I have him and same for mother.

You only just got supervised visitation, no?

What would be the basis of filing to modify custody?

(Which isn't going to happen - I'm just curious)

Proserpina

Yes ma'am.

Error in my claimed gross income. Recalculation.

No no no.

That MIGHT result in a modification of your child support obligation. And honestly that's a very generous "might".

But it doesn't affect custody one iota.

Why would you think it would affect custody? :confused:

dolfan82

My apologies, I meant just CS not custody.

I got longs ways to go on that still, but more time the judge orders with my son and , the lower the CS payment right?

Thanks all for the comments.

Proserpina

My apologies, I meant just CS not custody.

I got longs ways to go on that still, but more time the judge orders with my son and , the lower the CS payment right?

Thanks all for the comments.

Not necessarily, no.

You could have a literal 50/50 timeshare and STILL be ordered to pay child support.

But well done in showing that you're concerned more about the money than that child.

dolfan82

Honestly, both.

I think that the CS/Custody court system has more flaws than goods.

I would be more than glad to give my whole check every month for my son if there was a way the court would track/monitor the way the money is spent.

If part of my CS requires me to pay a portion of daycare, why would I not be allowed to either pay it on my own, or have proof that my CS payment is paying my portion 100% for the daycare fees?

Proserpina

Honestly, both.

I think that the CS/Custody court system has more flaws than goods.

I would be more than glad to give my whole check every month for my son if there was a way the court would track/monitor the way the money is spent.

If part of my CS requires me to pay a portion of daycare, why would I not be allowed to either pay it on my own, or have proof that my CS payment is paying my portion 100% for the daycare fees?

And again, not one mention of what's actually going on with the child :(

Do you know his favourite food? Or what he doesn't like to eat?

Which tv shows make him giggle?

Do you know the names of his friends?

Last edited:

mistoffolees

Okay so let's just have you pay me the $80 difference every month that I suppose is a joke to you.
Let's see - $0.50 per hour equates to $1,040 a year. You're claiming that your CS went up by $960 per year (90% of your increase). Sorry, I'm not buying it.

I know that bills have no merits in calculating CS but I am really struggling making ends meet.
Or, you could do what other people do when they're having trouble making ends meet. Get a second job. Get a new job. Go back to the boss and point out that you didn't get the $0.50 raise you were entitled to. Cut back on expenses.

But starving your kids isn't one of the correct solutions.

CS is and obligation I am aware of it, but realistically you and I know the mother will not use the money %100 towards our son.
I don't have any idea what YOU know, but I know that Mom and you are both responsible for supporting the child. CS is reimbursement for the money she has spent on the child. Whether every penny you spend is actually the SAME penny that was used to buy food is irrelevant. Look up fungibility. Money is fungible.

CJane

The extra $86/month (assuming full time work) supposedly makes a big difference in CS (it really wouldn't) but OP NEVER NOTICED that he wasn't getting it?

Lower my support because darn it, I was off by less than 1 day's pay per month and the CS will just BREAK me. But yeah, I totally didn't notice that I wasn't GETTING that $86/month until JUST NOW.

What.
Ever.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">