• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Custody Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sadmother29

What is the name of your state? PA/NY

I have a question. My ex and I are going through a nasty divorce and our daughter is getting caught in the middle.

He kicked me out of the house to be with his new girlfriend and I now live just over the border in PA not even a mile. It became physical when I tried to take her. Heworks for the Sherriffs dept and I couldn't get any legal help. I can't afford and attorney. He lives in Binghamton NY. When he did the primary residency hearing, he delibertly sent the paper work to the wrong address and I was never served. I found out the day after the hearing that he has primary residence because I didn't show up. I have obtained the paperwork that shows the incorrect address. Here is my dilema. Can I try for custody in PA since I live in PA or do I have to try to fight in NY?

Since this has been going on, I have found out that he is driving drunk with my daughter, taking her to beer partys she is only 11.

I appreciate any advice that I can get.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
18. Children do not choose. By 12ish, a judge MAY consider the child's wishes in making his/her decision, but the child does not choose.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">