• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Customized Car Similar to other posts, Not exactly

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You Are Guilty said:
PS: I assume you didn't claim any physicial injuries to the insurance company. Just be aware that doesn't preclude you from asking for pain & suffering in the small claims suit. :D
His vehicle damages already exceed the maximum for small claims.

You Are Guilty

Even better. File in the next higher court and include a whopping big ad damnum. That will get the insurance company's attention a lot faster than arguing NADA values :D

QuietB4TheStorm

There was just one big impact. No, there were no personal injuries on my end. Not really interested in getting more than I need to fix it. However, I may have to take out a loan to get it fixed in time for World Finals because this is dragging on forever. If that is the case, I might tack on interest accrued with the loan.

QuietB4TheStorm

Zigner said:
His vehicle damages already exceed the maximum for small claims.
Not really. I will take what the insurance offers and sue the guy at fault for the difference on what it costs to fix it. The difference right now is about $3400.

Zigner

QuietB4TheStorm said:
Not really. I will take what the insurance offers and sue the guy at fault for the difference on what it costs to fix it. The difference right now is about $3400.
You won't get that, because in order to get that settlement from the insurance company, you have to sign away your rights to claim anything further (that's why they call it a settlement)

QuietB4TheStorm

Really? So I will have to go after the total amount through small claims court and the insurance company not pay anything? That doesn't make any sense.....

Zigner

QuietB4TheStorm said:
Really? So I will have to go after the total amount through small claims court and the insurance company not pay anything? That doesn't make any sense.....
Who said the insurance company wouldn't pay anything? When/if you win, they will pay.

moburkes

Just my opinion, but how will you ask someone else to offer you better than what you insure your own vehicle for? Will that even work?

QuietB4TheStorm

I asked my insurance agent and they would not offer a policy to cover the car. Nobody else would cover it either because it is not a classic. Catch 22. Thus...keeping it in the garage or on a trailer--insured by a different means....

moburkes

Well, there are companies that will offer you insurance. There are probably companies that specialize in that type of insurance. You can ask the others that do the same thing with their vehicle, what companies they use. So, your excuse is not valid.

QuietB4TheStorm

Maybe I've taken your response the wrong way and if I have, I apologize. Call me an idiot if you will for not having sufficient insurance to cover the car and the modifications. I am not trying to make excuses; I am stating facts. I have asked people in the same field that I am in (fellow audio competitors) and they tell me that they have to do the same because they can not get coverage as well.

I have e-mailed dozens of companies; all of which have come back with the same response: "We are sorry. If the car is not 1989 or older to classify as a Classic or antique, we do not have a policy that fits your needs" Other companies state "Sure, we can offer full coverage on the vehicle, but can not promise that the modifications will be covered"

I am still looking (more diligently now) to find someone. Still in catch 22

Sorry for venting. I am just really aggrivated.

QuietB4TheStorm

Zigner said:
Who said the insurance company wouldn't pay anything? When/if you win, they will pay.
No lawyers will talk to me because it is not worth their time--there was no personal injury :rolleyes: For those who doubt that I spent time investigating, I have called every local lawyer from here to Little Rock and surrounding areas. LOL

moburkes

I scanned through the post, but didn't fnd the answer. What is the year, make, and model of your vehicle? Go through the yellow pages and ask about specialty auto insurance. You are NOT looking for the "regular" insurance companies. You are looking for agencies that specialize in hard-to-place auto insurance.

Zigner

QuietB4TheStorm said:
No lawyers will talk to me because it is not worth their time--there was no personal injury :rolleyes: For those who doubt that I spent time investigating, I have called every local lawyer from here to Little Rock and surrounding areas. LOL
As I said - this is a SMALL CLAIMS issue - lawyers aren't involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">