• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CVC 24250 Driving at night with lights off

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

I_Got_Banned

think that anyone claiming that the court system is not corrupt as well as claiming that a simple (correctable, and non intentional) mistake is breaking the law to the point of deserving a $200+ fine is a complete idiot.
The only idiot here is the one driving around at night with his headlights off while knowing that it is a REQUIREMENT... ;) then complaining that he/she should be precluded from being punished becasue it was a "simple" mistake.

Furthermore, the system which you are suggesting is corrupt/unfair, afforded you the opportunity to defend yourself against the charge you were cited for committing. You chose not to... Whether that was because of your own ignorance of how the system works, whether it was because you had no legitimate defense whatsoever, or whether it was a combination of both, you made the decision to plead "guilty" and pay the fine.

The laws, and the punishment for being caught in violation, apply to you the same way they apply to everyone else... If in your opinion that makes the system corrupt and unfair then so be it... You're entitled to your opinion no matter how twisted, biased or narrow minded that maybe...

Drive safely... and legally... and you wouldn't have to worry about any of this!!!

CrookedSystem

Traffic enforcement is part of the job. Granted it is a minor part of the job, but is still part of the job. And, if the officers are part of a traffic enforcement unit, they almost always give cites. It is what they are expected to do.
Yes, you are telling me what I already know and are missing the point. The point is that if you enforce a crooked system knowingly then you are guilty. The only way to avoid the guilt is to deny the system is crooked which is what most cops and politicians do.

The stats just don' bear that baseless allegation out, sorry.
The stats? Link please. The ordinary, everyday people know the facts, trust me. LAPD has one of the worst histories of any PD anywhere in the country. Please, don't make me laugh.

Almost daily you can read an article about a cops hurting or killing an innocent or unarmed person and getting away with it. The records won't reflect the corruption because the corrupt cops never get real convictions. The system protects itself. This is all basic, common knowledge.

I get links to news art5icles from old stories, the Rampart scandal, and an assortment of blogs by rather biased folks.
That's funny because on my end the exact same google search brings up scores of articles of corrupt cops in LA.

Never said the system was perfect ... but, as I AM on the inside, I see far more of how it works than you do. I actually KNOW the people involved. And, as a side note, who do you think breaks most allegations of police corruption and malfeasance? Oh yeah, it is other cops!
You don't know every cop on the force and even if you did, knowing somebody doesn't make them trust worthy. Crooked cops being exposed doesn't happen mostly by other cops, it happen when they get caught on video or when civilians make a report and occasionally when another cops rats them out.

You appear in court, plead not guilty, and ask if the violation is correctable
But I was guilty. If I plead not guilty and get my fine reduced then that also shows another flaw in the system. Why can't I get it reduced while being honest?

you go in and plead not guilty, ask if it is correctable, and if it is you later bring in some proof of correction. What that might be, I can't say off hand - usually it's a sign off on the back of the citation.
What could I possibly show as proof of correction? That my lights are on now? I don't understand.

But, you can attend court, hope the officer does not show up, and then move for a dismissal. if he shows up, you will likely be offered a chance to plead guilty before trial and get traffic school.
And I'm sure there are fees for all of this right? It sounds very time consuming as well. That's a shame. I don't feel right about pleading not guilty, what kind of hypocrite would I be then?

We're cops. We don't have a sense of humor.
Then you obviously haven't seen the movie Super Troopers. :)

CrookedSystem

The only idiot here is the one driving around at night with his headlights off while knowing that it is a REQUIREMENT... then complaining that he/she should be precluded from being punished becasue it was a "simple" mistake.
This is a strawman argument. Do you know what a strawman argument is? It's a logical fallacy I never made any of the claims you've attributed to me.

Furthermore, the system which you are suggesting is corrupt/unfair, afforded you the opportunity to defend yourself against the charge you were cited for committing.
LOL. Defend myself? I have to lie and plead not guilty to have a chance. Yeah that sounds honest. My whole point was that the punishment doesn't fit the crime. Nothing you've said changes that.

The laws, and the punishment for being caught in violation, apply to you the same way they apply to everyone else... If in your opinion that makes the system corrupt and unfair then so be it... You're entitled to your opinion no matter how twisted, biased or narrow minded that maybe...
Another strawman. I never said the system is corrupt because I got caught unintentionally breaking the law. You're just making stuff up now.

I_Got_Banned

This is a strawman argument. Do you know what a strawman argument is? It's a logical fallacy I never made any of the claims you've attributed to me.

LOL. Defend myself? I have to lie and plead not guilty to have a chance. Yeah that sounds honest. My whole point was that the punishment doesn't fit the crime. Nothing you've said changes that.

Another strawman. I never said the system is corrupt because I got caught unintentionally breaking the law. You're just making stuff up now.
Reread my post. I quoted TCD which means, my comments were directed towards TCD. None of what I said, and although most of it applies, was directed to you... I gave up on arguing with you since you stopped making sense about halfway through your first post in this thread.

As for the punishment not fitting the crime, the cops don't set the fine amounts. If you have an issue with how much the fines are, contact the state legislature and let them know. I posted a link for you in your other thread on how you can do that.

You can live in denial for the rest of your life... Its not going to change the fact that you violated the law, got caught and are subject to a penalty. You might get a sympathetic judge who might reduce it, but frankly, with all the crap that you spewed on here, that would be undeserved.

CrookedSystem

Reread my post. I quoted TCD which means, my comments were directed towards TCD
Oops, sorry.

As for the punishment not fitting the crime, the cops don't set the fine amounts. If you have an issue with how much the fines are, contact the state legislature and let them know. I posted a link for you in your other thread on how you can do that.
We've already gone over cops being guilty for protecting a crooked system. And I have contacted the state legislature, thank you.

You can live in denial for the rest of your life... Its not going to change the fact that you violated the law, got caught and are subject to a penalty. You might get a sympathetic judge who might reduce it, but frankly, with all the crap that you spewed on here, that would be undeserved.
You're a perfect example of a gov't slave who feels no sympathy for following immoral orders to make a paycheck. Congrats.

I_Got_Banned

You're a perfect example of a gov't slave who feels no sympathy for following immoral orders to make a paycheck. Congrats.
"... feels no sympathy for following immoral orders..."!!!! :confused:

See what I mean? You're not making any sense whatsoever!

"Who" and "what" I am has no affect on YOUR guilt or innocence. That brings us back to the issue of YOU violating a law that applies to EVERYONE and yet just because it doesn't fit your twisted standards, you think that you should be excluded. :rolleyes:

Furthermore, if by your twisted standards, you can qualify my "respect for the laws of this state" as "me being a slave" then so be it. At least I am not living in a paranoid state of confusion, walking around with a video camera in hand, looking to lay the blame for my own defiance, ignorance and illegal actions on someone else. I own up to my mistakes, I take advantage of the opportunity that the system affords me to defend myself; and if I am found guilty, I man up, and I pay my dues. You ought to consider doing the same because thus far, you have not offered a single viable defense to the charge against you!

Last edited:

CrookedSystem

Sorry I Got Banned, let me reword it for the mentally challenged of the group. Since everything obviously needs to be spelled out for you, here we go: "You're the perfect of example of a gov't slave who feels no sympathy for his fellow human beings while enforcing an immoral system in order to gain a paycheck."

Is that better for you? Should I repeat it again to make sure?

That brings us back to the issue of YOU violating a law that applies to EVERYONE and yet just because it doesn't fit your twisted standards, you think that you should be excluded.
Strawman argument again. I never said there shouldn't be a penalty for the "crime" that I'm guilty of. I said, five hundred times, the PUNISHMENT doesn't fit the CRIME! Those aren't my standards, those are the collective standards of MOST people. MOST people including some members of this forum agree that the fine is way too high for such a minor offense. That is why I say the system is crooked.

Furthermore, if by your twisted standards, you can qualify my "respect for the laws of this state" as "me being a slave" then so be it. At least I am not living in a paranoid state of confusion, walking around with a video camera in hand, looking to lay the blame for my own defiance, ignorance and illegal actions on someone else. I own up to my mistakes, I take advantage of the opportunity that the system affords me to defend myself; and if I am found guilty, I man up, and I pay my dues. You ought to consider doing the same because thus far, you have not offered a single viable defense to the charge against you!
So thinking that $150 for accidentally forgetting to turn my headlights on for a block is too high of a fine my standards are twisted? Please, don't joke with me, it isn't funny. I've admitted guilt but you keep lying and saying I don't anyways for some strange reason. This paragraph is loaded with false arguments.

You call me paranoid because I get off on exposing corrupt cops? I've seen too many people beaten and brutalized by police to take your comment seriously. I have too much video evidence to even acknowledge the possibility that you may be right. Since when did doing the right thing by exposing corruption become a bad thing? And my standards are twisted? LOL! Yeah, the only people who don't like what I do are cops and their family members, period. Because we are an immediate threat to them. Everyone else congratulates our groups for what they do. We get articles written about us and praised all over the city and on the internet for what we do. Remember the old saying, "If you haven't done anything wrong then there is nothing to worry about?" Yeah that's one of my favorites, I tell that to cops every time they follow us for taping them.

Paranoid people hide in there houses like cowards and comply no matter what, right or wrong. We don't hide, we are in the streets. We WANT the cops to know we are out there. The cops work for us not the other way around. We are responsible for keeping them in check. If you disagree with what we do then you are part of the corrupt system and need to be put in jail with the rest of them. Your time will come slave.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">