• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Death of a 13 yr old girl

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

justalayman

Ok, asphyxiation does not mean suicide. If she was suffocated by the weight of the clothing, that is asphyxiation.

Proserpina

Ok, asphyxiation does not mean suicide. If she was suffocated by the weight of the clothing, that is asphyxiation.

...there is also manner of death.

That should appear on the death certificate and would differentiate between (generally) natural, accidental, suicide or homicide.

ashquin

What do you mean, I have answered every question you have asked.

1. COD asphyxiasion

2. My daughter did not have male genetalia as the autopsy says

3. the knot on her head was not checked out thouroughly according to the forensic pathologist I hired. it was called superficial

4, Big bruise on her forehead, seen by everyone at the funeral, and explained to me by the makeup artist at the morgue, is not included in the autopsy report

5. ME tried to convince me that some of the bruises could disappear after death

ashquin

...there is also manner of death.

That should appear on the death certificate and would differentiate between (generally) natural, accidental, suicide or homicide.
IDK. Once I found out the ME was declaring it a suicide. I never picked the death certificate up. I told them I did not want it. That I did not agree with the findings and they could send it to the mE.

justalayman

1. COD asphyxiasion
if that is all it says (and I believe on a Kansas death cert there is a section right along with the primary COD that is says something like: due to__________) then asphyxiation does not mean strangulation. It simply means she died of oxygen deprivation. You are asphyxiated when you are strangled, when you drown, when you put a plastic bag over your head, or when 80 pounds of clothes sit on your chest if you are not able to remove them. If asphyxia was listed as primary COD, there still needs to be a cause.

2. My daughter did not have male genetalia as the autopsy says
your typing allows for some confusion. You did respond with this:
nd looked at her cold hard body after death, I can tell you were the incision marks were. There was no penis
I wasn't sure what to make of it. It almost sounds like there are incisions that would suggest a gender change surgery but didn't really want to push the issue becuase, so far, that isn't really the big problem.

3. the knot on her head was not checked out thouroughly according to the forensic pathologist I hired. it was called superficial
superficial is a determination. It means "not bad enough to warrant further investigation"

4, Big bruise on her forehead, seen by everyone at the funeral, and explained to me by the makeup artist at the morgue, is not included in the autopsy report
if she was found face down, she could have had pooling that did not present at the time of autopsy.

5. ME tried to convince me that some of the bruises could disappear after death
disappear? this is just the opposite but.

and to the question of why you are doing this, I take it you meant the statement of presumed stigma as the justification.

well, at this point, you have about 2 choices;

hire a second autopsy that may or may not give you any more info

put this, and your daughter, to rest. As I said before, if you are confident in your belief, what somebody else says is irrelevant. A mistake or lie does not alter the truth.

ashquin

if that is all it says (and I believe on a Kansas death cert there is a section right along with the primary COD that is says something like: due to__________) then asphyxiation does not mean strangulation. It simply means she died of oxygen deprivation. You are asphyxiated when you are strangled, when you drown, when you put a plastic bag over your head, or when 80 pounds of clothes sit on your chest if you are not able to remove them. If asphyxia was listed as primary COD, there still needs to be a cause.

your typing allows for some confusion. You did respond with this:I wasn't sure what to make of it. It almost sounds like there are incisions that would suggest a gender change surgery but didn't really want to push the issue becuase, so far, that isn't really the big problem.

superficial is a determination. It means "not bad enough to warrant further investigation"

if she was found face down, she could have had pooling that did not present at the time of autopsy.

disappear? this is just the opposite but.

and to the question of why you are doing this, I take it you meant the statement of presumed stigma as the justification.

well, at this point, you have about 2 choices;

hire a second autopsy that may or may not give you any more info

put this, and your daughter, to rest. As I said before, if you are confident in your belief, what somebody else says is irrelevant. A mistake or lie does not alter the truth.
I was talking about her autopsy incisions. After being told there was no trama to the body, I checked her whole body for marks or bruises. When she was fund, her blood had already pooled to the left side of her face. Her whole left side was purple. The mark n her forehead was defiantly a bruise. The make-up artist explained to me in detail what she needed to do. I opted to do all of her other make-up myself. The ME made a great deal of mistakes on his report. There was no investigation, no web pages checked, no friends of teachers talked to, No evidence collected out f the room. Believe me or not, it was 7 monthes later when I was finally interviewed, the same day they took the bar she was supposed t have hung herself on.I have been treated horribly. My daughter was treated horrendously. To first be told that your child died of a drug overdose to she hung herself and you're trying to cover it up, is the most astonishing thing. Nobody did their damn jobs and now their sweeping everything under the rug. I'm trying to keep things civil, that's the only reason I haven't gone to the media yet. And to answer your question, my daughter has never had a penis, inside or out.

cyjeff

Still not understanding the goal here.

Further, it has been 10 months... if we are going to perform a second autopsy looking for soft tissue damage, you better get going.

Your choice is this.. pay for another autopsy or accept the findings of the first.

justalayman

I was talking about her autopsy incisions. After being told there was no trama to the body, I checked her whole body for marks or bruises. When she was fund, her blood had already pooled to the left side of her face. Her whole left side was purple. The mark n her forehead was defiantly a bruise. The make-up artist explained to me in detail what she needed to do. I opted to do all of her other make-up myself. The ME made a great deal of mistakes on his report. There was no investigation, no web pages checked, no friends of teachers talked to, No evidence collected out f the room. Believe me or not, it was 7 monthes later when I was finally interviewed, the same day they took the bar she was supposed t have hung herself on.I have been treated horribly. My daughter was treated horrendously. To first be told that your child died of a drug overdose to she hung herself and you're trying to cover it up, is the most astonishing thing. Nobody did their damn jobs and now their sweeping everything under the rug. I'm trying to keep things civil, that's the only reason I haven't gone to the media yet. And to answer your question, my daughter has never had a penis, inside or out.
now this is just getting weird.

the blood had pooled, and it sounds like it was quite complete. We are talking about she has been dead for several hours. Quite likely rigor mortis had set in and since the jaw is usually one of the first affected parts of the body, quite likely the jaw was seized. . Due to the OP, knowledge of the child, highly unlikely to have receded as not enough time had elapsed since death.

and yet, the OP still performs CPR.

We immediatly pulled her out of her closet started cpr and called the police.
and this may be a bit picky on my part but why wouldn't one call the ambulance? If you performed CPR, apparently you believed she had not been dead that long so it only makes sense to call an ambulance. I would call the police only if I was sure the person was not recovering and if it was to that point, I wouldn't be doing CPR on them.

and now she threatens to involve the media. They are the people that published the gender situation. I would have been on the phone with them as soon as I was made aware of the publication correcting them.

Nothing makes any sense. OP knows things but doesn't even have a certificate of death yet she apparently has read the coroners report. Cops seem to think it wasn't suicide yet that is where it stops. They would investigate until they reached a primary conclusion.

makes no sense at all.

TNBSMommy

If I walked in and found my teenager in that position, I would also try CPR, specially not really knowing if it MIGHT make a difference, and I'd call 911, tell them what was going on, and they would send out police and ambulance, which is what I took her to mean when she called the police. I didn't find anything unusual in her response to finding her child in that situation. In the heat and stress and shock of the moment, no parent is going to just go, oh she's dead, call the coroner.

ashquin, I am truly sorry for the loss of your daughter, no matter the circumstances, no parent should have to bury a child.

Last edited:

ashquin

Still not understanding the goal here.

Further, it has been 10 months... if we are going to perform a second autopsy looking for soft tissue damage, you better get going.

Your choice is this.. pay for another autopsy or accept the findings of the first.
Second autopsy is kinda hard right now, we lost 6 figures when our 401k dropped, left us with 10 grand that we spent n the funeral. Tax time would be the quicket time we could get to this

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">