• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Deductible Expenses Small Business CS?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state?Illinois

Does anyone know what is considered a Deductible Expense for a Self Employed NCP? This NCP has a mobile Mechanics Business....Basically he drives to the individuals house to work on their car.......He has done this for years under the table. (unless you subpoena his bank records...he isn't real smart.. so he has deposited everything :rolleyes: ) and last year he decided to quit his 40hr a week job working for the county to do this full time. He filed his 2004 taxes and claimed about 58,000.00 in income with 40,000.oo in deductions. I have his bank records, and he wrote off all the checks he wrote for personal and business (both accounts if you add them up, add up to his deduction) He also gave us a Profit and Loss statement where he lists Child Support as a business expense, and on his Section C the exact amount is listed as professional fees....Gotta love the dumb ones....
Currently he is attempting to reduce his child support based on deductions to the local Grocery Store, Wal-Mart, McDonalds drive thru, Cash withdrawals, rent, utilities....You name it. He was generous enough to say that 18,000.oo is what is left over for CS after he pays for his business.......His current CS is based on 40,000.00 a year so it would be a substantial drop...... Any info would be greatly appreciated. My attorney says that he will be laughed out of court, but I would really like to be sure...........He is currently 3 months behind on CS, and the Indirect Civil contempt hearing is set for Sep. 12.........

Thanks Ladies and Gentleman.. I look forward to your reply! :)

Your attorney is right. He will be laughed out of court. What I'm wondering is how much the IRS would be laughing if they were to conduct an audit!!! Hint. Hint. ;)

Last edited:
Thanks for your replies........I hope the judge does laugh him out of court..I'm just stressed out over this....It doesn't help that I was just laid off, and am now having to pay attorneys fees to fight this.... :mad: I hope they don't let him slide...........

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">