• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Defunct LLC

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Townie

What is the name of your state (Maryland)?

I had an LLC that forfited in 2008 for not filing a personal property report, equipment, furniture etc. Shut business down end of 2006 going thru divorce and it slipped thru the cracks. Now over four years later county/state assement office trying to collect estimated taxes for 2007. Also had to file personal bankruptcy end of 2006. Can they sue me for this in Maryland ?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (Maryland)?

I had an LLC that forfited in 2008 for not filing a personal property report, equipment, furniture etc. Shut business down end of 2006 going thru divorce and it slipped thru the cracks. Now over four years later county/state assement office trying to collect estimated taxes for 2007. Also had to file personal bankruptcy end of 2006. Can they sue me for this in Maryland ?
That is a very state specific question. I would suggest that you contact the taxing authority that initiated the collection action and tell them that the LLC ceased doing business in 2006. They will likely give you information as to how to officially close the business as of the end of 2006.

In my state there would be a specific form to fill out along with some other documentation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">