• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

delay in reporting an injury

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

xhaustd

What is the name of your state? VA

i may have to bite the bullet on this but....i was injured during a training execise with work. our policy in risk management states that I have a time limit to file. i did notify my immediate supervisor that same afternoon but no papers were file because i just thought it was a bit sore(my shoulder). I had hurt this shoulder in recruit school too way back 6 yrs ago and no papers were file then either. # months after the recent injury, my arm is still sore and I followed up with our safety committee and they said Risk Management won't take it anymore. Its all my dime now. So anyway, now the time limit is expired but I now need surgery on my right shoulder. Is there any way to still claim this a work related injury or am I SOL. Can I get around what policy states? They ofcourse will come back and say I could have hurt it anywhere else from the time it happened and the present. This predicament has put me on light duty at a lower wage in the office than out in the field.

mlane58

Under Virgina law an employee must file a claim with the Workers' Compensation Commission within two years from the date of the accident or any right to benefits may be lost. Contact the Virgina Workers Compensation Commission

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">