• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Denial Of Access

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DVL0707

again.are you comparing leaving to go to the bathroom compared to leaving a child on the 11th story of a project building riddled with crackheads and junkies?

Proserpina

again.are you comparing leaving to go to the bathroom compared to leaving a child on the 11th story of a project building riddled with crackheads and junkies?

Sooo...you want a restraining order, but not custody?

Do you understand how that works?

Again, please explain how you're going to prove it.

anearthw

What is your goal here? Full custody? To remove the child from the home you claim is neglectful and possibly dangerous?

By the way, in the future, if you have true concerns over your child's safety, talk to CP's directly. Getting a friend to phone an anonymous report is probably perceived as trouble making.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
The kitchen has knives and a stove and dangerous things in it. If you have stairs, the child can fall down the stairs and get a broken bone. The front door the child can open and leave -- how many druggies in your neighborhood? How many sex offenders? Oh and don't say none. I bet you don't know who the druggies are. While you are taking a dump, the child could get killed or hurt. Broken bones can happen as can burns, falls, cuts, poisoning. Do you have all your cleaning supplies locked up literally? Are the knives locked? Does the stove have locks on it so it can't be turned on? Is the door completely deadbolted so the child can't leave? I can continue.

DVL0707

there are 715 mapable offenders and 125 unmapable sex offenders in that area according to family watchdog. Is there a website I can see how many are in the actual building itself? their particular projects are a series of 5 13 story apartment buildings

DVL0707

It isn't relevent. Again, what is your goal? Do you want to remove custody? Force her to take parenting classes?

No, removal of custody was never a goal. I just want to ensure, steps are taken, to ensure he isn't left alone again. Parenting classes would 100% put me somewhat at ease, and to be honest, knowing CPS can just show up and make sure he is okay is reassuring.

After getting (actual) legal advice, it was explained to me that the order of protection, was almost like an emergency hearing, so if she denied me access (and she did) , i could see her in court before then, and establish some kind of temporary custody or visitation until the Custody Hearing which is months away.

Heres the clincher.

She could technically have the date adjourned, further extending the time I wont have access to my son. i was advised that filing a Order to Show Cause could benifit me, in such a way that I require her show in court and provide reasons to why I shouldn't be granted visitation during this time..... which was my original question.

I had originally thought this was free legal advice, not free advice on legal matters, which was my mistake, had I read the Terms, i wouldv'e known (my fault), otherwise I most likely wouldn't have posted in the first place

Silverplum

No, removal of custody was never a goal. I just want to ensure, steps are taken, to ensure he isn't left alone again. Parenting classes would 100% put me somewhat at ease, and to be honest, knowing CPS can just show up and make sure he is okay is reassuring.

After getting (actual) legal advice, it was explained to me that the order of protection, was almost like an emergency hearing, so if she denied me access (and she did) , i could see her in court before then, and establish some kind of temporary custody or visitation until the Custody Hearing which is months away.

Heres the clincher.

She could technically have the date adjourned, further extending the time I wont have access to my son. i was advised that filing a Order to Show Cause could benifit me, in such a way that I require her show in court and provide reasons to why I shouldn't be granted visitation during this time..... which was my original question.

I had originally thought this was free legal advice, not free advice on legal matters, which was my mistake, had I read the Terms, i wouldv'e known (my fault), otherwise I most likely wouldn't have posted in the first place
RE: the bolded: An attorney told you that??

mommyanme

RE: the bolded: An attorney told you that??
How much do you want to bet, the "given advice" is a friend who has no clue and told him the only way to get visitation before his custody hearing was to file a DVPO because it has a section to establish temporary custody and visitation. Only after Mom got mad and denied access, because he questions the child regularly about Mom's business.:rolleyes: He then had a call placed erroneously to CPS, which backfired on him even worse. All because he has no patience and he came here to find other ways to see his kiddo when none of this worked because he didn't understand the fact the DVPO told Mom she CAN NOT TALK TO DAD or harass him in any way.

Proserpina

Heres the clincher.

One DOES NOT obtain an order of protection in lieu of a custody hearing or to skip the legal process.

I don't believe for one second that an attorney told you that.

Can you guess why?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">