• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Denied Unemployment-Appeal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ThinLizzy

What is the name of your state? NC

I worked in a call center and after several write ups was terminated for making errors on calls. I did meet or exceed many other areas of performance.

I was denied employment for the first 8 weeks because it was determined that I was discharged for "substantial fault on my part not rising to the level of misconduct".

I plan to appeal, if I cannot get Legal Aid I will do it myself and had a couple questions: Is it a good idea to ask for an inperson hearing instead of a telephone hearing? I was thinking this will shift a substantial burden to the employer and there will be a chance they won't show up.

Also I would like to use the Employment Commissions subpoena power to get copies of all my records and further increase the employers burden. If the employer does not give up then I can be prepared with documentation showing the areas of performance I did meet or exceed.

Any help is much appreciated.

BelizeBreeze

What is the name of your state? NC

I worked in a call center and after several write ups was terminated for making errors on calls. I did meet or exceed many other areas of performance.

I was denied employment for the first 8 weeks because it was determined that I was discharged for "substantial fault on my part not rising to the level of misconduct".

I plan to appeal, if I cannot get Legal Aid I will do it myself and had a couple questions: Is it a good idea to ask for an inperson hearing instead of a telephone hearing? I was thinking this will shift a substantial burden to the employer and there will be a chance they won't show up.
you can try this game, but the employer will also have the chance to ask for a telephonic interview which is something you have no control over.
Also I would like to use the Employment Commissions subpoena power to get copies of all my records and further increase the employers burden. If the employer does not give up then I can be prepared with documentation showing the areas of performance I did meet or exceed.

Any help is much appreciated.
then do so, but your playing games isn't going to help your cause.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">