• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dental disaster

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kitcat2

What is the name of your state? I am a senior and receiving care thro a program specially for seniors. The first time I was sent to an oral surgeon they wanted to take all my teeth I protested with plies not to. I had at that time all my teeth but 2. I had beautiful teeth I had taken great care of all my life. I went thro a great deal of depression and why I allowed it even is any other story. The oral surgeon took all but 6 , it was awful .. but after I found pieces of teeth left she left and had to go back to her.. I thought, well, it was just a mistake. Recently I did HAVE to go back to this butcher to have the last 6 removed, while healing I started to find large pieces of teeth and slivers left in my mouth I counted 6 or more and I have been in a lot of pain , physically and emotionally. My health care program told me I had to go back to her to have the pieces removed and I refused to see her. The first time may have been a mistake but the second time NO. The program TOLD me I had to go back to her and I will not.. So they told me it was my only option. I am terrified to go back to her. So I am left with these chunks of broken teeth. I can't wear my dentures because of all the pain, I can't eat and my mouth aches like a tooth ache but it is my jaw. I don't know what to do or where to go. I need help very much , I need advice. As a senior I don't have money for a lawyer and I need legal help, I think. Any advice will be very appreciated.

kitcat2

What is the name of your state? I am a senior and receiving care thro a program specially for seniors. The first time I was sent to an oral surgeon they wanted to take all my teeth I protested with plies not to. I had at that time all my teeth but 2. I had beautiful teeth I had taken great care of all my life. I went thro a great deal of depression and why I allowed it even is any other story. The oral surgeon took all but 6 , it was awful .. but after I found pieces of teeth left she left and had to go back to her.. I thought, well, it was just a mistake. Recently I did HAVE to go back to this butcher to have the last 6 removed, while healing I started to find large pieces of teeth and slivers left in my mouth I counted 6 or more and I have been in a lot of pain , physically and emotionally. My health care program told me I had to go back to her to have the pieces removed and I refused to see her. The first time may have been a mistake but the second time NO. The program TOLD me I had to go back to her and I will not.. So they told me it was my only option. I am terrified to go back to her. So I am left with these chunks of broken teeth. I can't wear my dentures because of all the pain, I can't eat and my mouth aches like a tooth ache but it is my jaw. I don't know what to do or where to go. I need help very much , I need advice. As a senior I don't have money for a lawyer and I need legal help, I think. Any advice will be very appreciated.
I live is MA.

Mass_Shyster

Pay another dentist to correct the work. Talk with an attorney to see if you have a valid malpractice claim against the first.

kitcat2

Pay another dentist to correct the work. Talk with an attorney to see if you have a valid malpractice claim against the first.
Thank you for replying. I would ,certainly, see another dentist but I don't have that kind of money or the money to get advice as I said I am a retired senior on a very limited income. That is why I need help. I would like to sue her or my health plan who are refusing to send me to someone else and I don't want the surgeon near me she is inapt. What oral surgeon would leave so many chunks of teeth certainly not someone who knows what they are doing.. I sound angry guess I am but not at you..Thank you for getting back to me.

quincy

You can go to a dental malpractice attorney with your dental records for a personal review.

And you can search out another oral surgeon to evaluate the work done by your current oral surgeon.

You might have a legal claim worth pursuing.

Last edited:

Mass_Shyster

Thank you for replying. I would ,certainly, see another dentist but I don't have that kind of money or the money to get advice as I said I am a retired senior on a very limited income. That is why I need help. I would like to sue her or my health plan who are refusing to send me to someone else and I don't want the surgeon near me she is inapt. What oral surgeon would leave so many chunks of teeth certainly not someone who knows what they are doing.. I sound angry guess I am but not at you..Thank you for getting back to me.
Some of the chains will do a $57 exam and cleaning. They’ll also do free estimates. If you have a valid malpractice claim, most lawyers will take the case on contingency

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">