• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DFACS is Trying To Putting my kid up for adoption

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

summerdawn

This is the response to the guy calling me a complainer. First of all I appreciate your help, but in no way will I allow you to belittle me. I came here asking for advice. And I've received it.

As far as me getting off my ass I have been doing so and making the phone calls needed. I don't need a harsh swipe on my a$$ I need support.

I've emailed and called this complaint line.

I'm asking my about my parents because in some states grandparents have rights. Most agencies would recommend that my child be placed with a family member and that isn't the case here.

My parents have traveled back and forth and no one is assisiting them. I'm am doing what I'm am able to do and beyond.

This foreum is about seeking advice, not to be humilated or belittled(no avail) by someone like you. Please get a reality check

Have a great day:D

Uh, the person who called you a whiner, is the one who posted the most helpful link for you. I don't know if you realize that.

I don't mean to sound rude, and I may get jumped on here, but you come off, TO ME-not speaking for ANYONE ELSE, like you just think you don't have to complete your case pan, but you can "give" the kid to your parents somehow to get around doing what you need to do and just live a happy life raising the kid with your parents.

fairisfair

Can people really fight this fair? I have always heard it is a losing battle. :\

I don't mean to sound harsh, but it seems like most parents who are involved with child services feel wronged. Wouldn't it be extremely hard to prove that this person was actually wronged rather than her just looking like every other I was treated unfairly parent who comes along after getting their kids taken? :eek:

It sounds like OP has LONG road ahead of her.
She certainly CAN NOT fight the child being taken away. No WAY no How. That child SHOULD be in CPS custody. She can however request them to review the plan set out by their agency, that is what ombudsman offices are for.

you are right. SHE has a VERY long road ahead of her.

See, none of this is really HER fault, it is everyone else's fault, everyone who is not cooperating with HER. Everyone who is not making it easy for HER.

and quite honestly, based on her attitude and beligerence on this forum, I personally think her entire story is probably a load of crap.

Now she can piss and moan about being belittled again.

Like she needs any help doing that:rolleyes:

fairisfair

This is the response to the guy calling me a complainer. First of all I appreciate your help, but in no way will I allow you to belittle me. I came here asking for advice. And I've received it.

As far as me getting off my ass I have been doing so and making the phone calls needed. I don't need a harsh swipe on my a$$ I need support.

I've emailed and called this complaint line.

I'm asking my about my parents because in some states grandparents have rights. Most agencies would recommend that my child be placed with a family member and that isn't the case here.

My parents have traveled back and forth and no one is assisiting them. I'm am doing what I'm am able to do and beyond.

This foreum is about seeking advice, not to be humilated or belittled(no avail) by someone like you. Please get a reality check

Have a great day:D
the facts are the facts. If they belittle you. Then change them.

lisalopes2nd

It's interesting the way people give help here. I am grateful for the information given to me and it was helpful. But don't judge me at all. I haven't been perfect, but I've been trying. I'm not trying to avoid a program. I'm actually fine with it as long as I am able to keep my home and keep my job, and keep my car. I would be no help to my daughter if I wasn't able to provide.

As far as getting her to my parents, I am woman enough to say "hey I can't do this by myself right now" I have never missed a weekly visistation, panel meeting, failed a drug test, piss and hair, but I know what's best for her.

As of now my job is locating me to NYC, I've searched there programs and they have some that are in the neighborhood and fit my schedule.

I have been released from jail for 6 months and doing do well. Most people go back in a short time. I have a great paying job, I was able to succeed and I'm enrolled in a higher education course.

The reason for me asking my parents to do this favor was because I knew that I would have not been able to go to their drug treatment program. Is that not woman enough? Is that not being a Mom trying to make a choice for her daugher??

This foreum is set up to help, not insult. I'm at work now making calls sending out emails to whomever is listening. And I'm being a whiner? What are you guys doing? You're whining about me whining....how does that help or make this foreum positive.

fairisfair

It's interesting the way people give help here. I am grateful for the information given to me and it was helpful. But don't judge me at all. I haven't been perfect, but I've been trying. I'm not trying to avoid a program. I'm actually fine with it as long as I am able to keep my home and keep my job, and keep my car. I would be no help to my daughter if I wasn't able to provide.

As far as getting her to my parents, I am woman enough to say "hey I can't do this by myself right now" I have never missed a weekly visistation, panel meeting, failed a drug test, piss and hair, but I know what's best for her.

As of now my job is locating me to NYC, I've searched there programs and they have some that are in the neighborhood and fit my schedule.

I have been released from jail for 6 months and doing do well. Most people go back in a short time. I have a great paying job, I was able to succeed and I'm enrolled in a higher education course.

The reason for me asking my parents to do this favor was because I knew that I would have not been able to go to their drug treatment program. Is that not woman enough? Is that not being a Mom trying to make a choice for her daugher??

This foreum is set up to help, not insult. I'm at work now making calls sending out emails to whomever is listening. And I'm being a whiner? What are you guys doing? You're whining about me whining....how does that help or make this foreum positive.
this is a legal website.

you think this is rough. I was frigging nice to you. regardless of your WHINING and your lack of gratitude. Wait til you get into a courtroom.

apparently you have chosen this forum in error. You are looking for www.drphil.com. Oh, but no, he will tell you to get real too.
Maybe, Oprah.
Or that huggywuggybunnywunnyffeellyweeelygoodywoody site. And I have no damned idea where that is.

But you can find it, as well as any other answers, on your own as far as I am concerned.

Good luck to your child.

lisalopes2nd

FYI

I don't feel WRONGED I feel that children should be placed with blood family members. Why put my daughter up for adoption when she has family that wants her. Family she hasn't met yet. Aunts, Uncles and cousins. For the State not placing her there in the first place when I was in JAIL that was wrong! I WRONGED HER. And the State WRONGED her by not placing her with family for 9 months

lisalopes2nd

OMG Are you a Lawyer?? Probably Not!! I've met worse than you, believe me!! It is quite comical how you need feel the need to respond to the negative. How very positive of you

summerdawn

This post may make anyone on this forum (if there even ARE any) who had ANY respect for me lose whatever they had, but I feel the need to post it.

I am not judging you. I WAS you. When I was 19, I had two children. Yeah, out of wedlock. Crappy, sinful, etc. whatever. I was living with a man who was very abusive. My mom called CPS. I told them EVERYTHING and asked them to help me. They removed my kids from my home and gave me a reunification plan. The guy kicked me out of his home for telling them everything and I had nowhere to go. In the court proceedings they ran my criminal record-I had been arrested at 15 for drug possession and they used that to prove I needed rehab, even though I hadn't even DONE any drugs since before I got pregnant with my first child. They told me to go to rehab. I refused. I lived on the streets of Hollywood for a while and whined and moaned about how unfair they were and it was everyone else's fault, that I couldn't POSSIBLY do the things they were asking. I tried rehab and got kicked out of countless programs for my failure to follow the rules.

My littlest child was 2 months old when he was taken. I was little more than a kid myself. I wasted WAY TOO MUCH time screwing off and complaining. It was painful. I cried about my kids on a daily basis but did nothing to complete my case plan because it was "too hard".

When my littlest was about ten months old, I came to my senses. Time was running out FAST. I didn't want to go to some crappy rehab and be told what to do, but in order to get my kids back, I had no choice. I had to humble myself for the sake of my children. I stopped whining and complaining, and started actually DOING WHAT I WAS SUPPOSED TO DO. I decided I would not make an enemy of my social worker, but use her as an ally. I BUSTED my rear end. My kids came home to me when my littlest was TWENTY TWO months old. Even afer THAT I was supervised for a year and a half. I went to a year long rehab, 52 weeks of counseling, parenting classes, AA meetings several times a week, plus all the court dates with social workers and surprise visits and pop drug tests etc. My life was not my own.

Social services first came to my home in February of 96, when my littlest was 2 months old. They didn't completey leave my life until he was THREE AND A HALF YEARS OLD. Sometimes I felt like I would NEVER completely be finished, that the things they expeected of me were unrealistic, etc. I just kept on plugging. I didn't have a car or a job, or a house at first. Those things have to come LATER, if you really CARE about getting your kid back.

There is no easy way out of this. Seriously. You are playing with FIRE. They have very strict laws in place for adopting out children under 2 if their parents don't straighten their crap out in time. I got my kids back JUST IN TIME. A couple more months and they would have started the proceedings to terminate my parental rights. You may not get to choose your parents to take your kid-you might just lose all rights and never see her again. Is your car, job, house worth that? I know i'd rather have my kids with me every day and be able to love them and hug them and live on a budget, than have a great job and car, and my kids off with some strange people for me to never see again.

THAT'S why I worked with drug addicted moms for two years as a mentor. Because I was one of them, and came out on top through hard work, perserverence, and love for my children. It IS possible.

You need to rethink your priorities.

Last edited:

summerdawn

FYI

I don't feel WRONGED I feel that children should be placed with blood family members. Why put my daughter up for adoption when she has family that wants her. Family she hasn't met yet. Aunts, Uncles and cousins. For the State not placing her there in the first place when I was in JAIL that was wrong! I WRONGED HER. And the State WRONGED her by not placing her with family for 9 months
What you don't understand is that what you WANT here has absolutely no bearing on the situation. Suck it up ffs and do what you have to do!!! :mad: You're NO BETTER than any OTHER parent who gets heir child taken away. You do what you have to do to get them back-you can't just DECIDE NOT to because "i'll have the child go live with my mom". You can't just PICK AND CHOOSE certain things they ask you to do such as drug tests and CHOOSE not to do your treatment bcause it conflicts with your schedule. YOU have to do what they tell you.

Seriously, do you even CARE to get your child back yourself? You seem to be banking on not getting them back on your own, but just letting family raise them. They are not your parents responsibility. Chuck your house and job and get yourself into a program-all that stuff can come later. YOU ARE THE KID'S MOM FOR GOD SAKE.

Last edited:

Silverplum

FYI

Huh.
I think you're full of crap. WHY would anyone in his/her right mind place the child with YOUR family??
YOUR family produced YOU. Tell us again how impressive that achievement is. :rolleyes:

It's a no-brainer to give the child to some family that, ya know, has a shot at helping the child be safe and encourage learning, and all that good stuff. In your case, that would be strangers.

fairisfair

This post may make anyone on this forum (if there even ARE any) who had ANY respect for me lose whatever they had, but I feel the need to post it.

I am not judging you. I WAS you. When I was 19, I had two children. Yeah, out of wedlock. Crappy, sinful, etc. whatever. I was living with a man who was very abusive. My mom called CPS. I told them EVERYTHING and asked them to help me. They removed my kids from my home and gave me a reunification plan. The guy kicked me out of his home for telling them everything and I had nowhere to go. In the court proceedings they ran my criminal record-I had been arrested at 15 for drug possession and they used that to prove I needed rehab, even though I hadn't even DONE any drugs since before I got pregnant with my first child. They told me to go to rehab. I refused. I lived on the streets of Hollywood for a while and whined and moaned about how unfair they were and it was everyone else's fault, that I couldn't POSSIBLY do the things they were asking. I tried rehab and got kicked out of countless programs for my failure to follow the rules.

My littlest child was 2 months old when he was taken. I was little more than a kid myself. I wasted WAY TOO MUCH time screwing off and complaining. It was painful. I cried about my kids on a daily basis but did nothing to complete my case plan because it was "too hard".

When my littlest was about ten months old, I came to my senses. Time was running out FAST. I didn't want to go to some crappy rehab and be told what to do, but in order to get my kids back, I had no choice. I had to humble myself for the sake of my children. I stopped whining and complaining, and started actually DOING WHAT I WAS SUPPOSED TO DO. I decided I would not make an enemy of my social worker, but use her as an ally. I BUSTED my rear end. My kids came home to me when my littlest was TWENTY TWO months old. Even afer THAT I was supervised for a year and a half. I went to a year long rehab, 52 weeks of counseling, parenting classes, AA meetings several times a week, plus all the court dates with social workers and surprise visits and pop drug tests etc. My life was not my own.

Social services first came to my home in February of 96, when my littlest was 2 months old. They didn't completey leave my life until he was THREE AND A HALF YEARS OLD. Sometimes I felt like I would NEVER completely be finished, that the things they expeected of me were unrealistic, etc. I just kept on plugging. I didn't have a car or a job, or a house at first. Those things have to come LATER, if you really CARE about getting your kid back.

There is no easy way out of this. Seriously. You are playing with FIRE. They have very strict laws in place for adopting out children under 2 if their parents don't straighten their crap out in time. I got my kids back JUST IN TIME. A couple more months and they would have started the proceedings to terminate my parental rights. You may not get to choose your parents to take your kid-you might just lose all rights and never see her again. Is your car, job, house worth that? I know i'd rather have my kids with me every day and be able to love them and hug them and live on a budget, than have a great job and car, and my kids off with some strange people for me to never see again.

THAT'S why I worked with drug addicted moms for two years as a mentor. Because I was one of them, and came out on top through hard work, perserverence, and love for my children. It IS possible.

You need to rethink your priorities.

Dawn, you are really something. In the absolute opposite way some of these people deserve what they get. You deserve so much more than you have gotten

wileybunch

Awesome post, summerdawn.
I agree that her priorities have got to change. When she said she needed her job, her car, etc. or she'd be no good to her daughter -- it really hit home that she does not understand which master she currently needs to serve. Basically she has no daughter at this point. Her rights are hanging by a thread b/c she has refused to proceed as directed. By what you have shared, summerdawn, it is quite clear that once you decide to submit yourself, you have a lot of work to do, it seems much more than those of us who haven't been involved in reunification are required to do (or to be watched over so closely).

If OP didn't get an awakening from your post, nothing will do it. Awesome job.

You deserve so much more than you have gotten
Ah, but not necessarily in vain. It takes tasting the bitter to know the sweet and it's clear that summerdawn not only learned immensely from that time, but has also put herself in service to help others make it through that journey, as well.

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
FYI

WRONG -- the state did not wrong her. The fact that the family hasn't met her yet is the problem. The fact that you had your child incarcerated is the problem. And your child IS NOT being put up for adoption. The only way that happens is if you are not working your case plan. And your family has not filed to intervene and has not attempted to do the legal things to establish a relationship. Oh and have your rights been terminated? NO. So therefore your child cannot be put up for adoption yet. SO try to quit whining and do whta you have to do. What you FEEL doesn't matter. What you feel is irrelevant. So grow up, take responsibility and start doing the legal steps to getting your child back -- work your case plan, complete your case plan, ask for an extension if you have to, complete your case plan, name the father (you should have been asked by CSB who daddy was and your choice not to name him was completely irresponsible and selfish), and have your parents file a motion to intervene and for visitation. Until they get to know her they have NO CHANCE of getting custody.

The fault for all this by the way lies with you.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Hey Summer -- your post just gained my respect. And let me tell you something, I don't respect people just for the hell of it. Stick around and keep fighting the good fight and educating people. And keep getting education yourself -- okay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">