• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Did I mess up??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

slliemab

What is the name of your state? MI

I filed chapter 7 on March 19 and had my meeting of creditors on May 10. I did it on my own with no lawyer so I had no advice.

I though from researching the internet that I had 6 months after filing to do the follow up class. I did the first one before I filed. I got a letter today saying that my case was closed without a discharge because I failed to complete the course. Can I still complete it or not??:confused:

Gregeney

What is the name of your state? MI

I filed chapter 7 on March 19 and had my meeting of creditors on May 10. I did it on my own with no lawyer so I had no advice.

I though from researching the internet that I had 6 months after filing to do the follow up class. I did the first one before I filed. I got a letter today saying that my case was closed without a discharge because I failed to complete the course. Can I still complete it or not??:confused:
Check with the Clerk. You will likely have to pay the filing fee again and file a Motion to Reopen.

The deadline is 45 days after your first scheduled 341 date.

Last edited:

Ladynred

Yep, you'll have to re-open your case, file the paperwork, and then you'll get your discharge.
This is only 1 reason why people should NOT file Pro Se under this new law.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">