• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

did the arresting officer follow procedure?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CdwJava

JustCallMeKevo said:
CdwJava...why do you call marijuana dope??
Because it is.

Dope is a name used for drugs like heroin and cocaine...physically addictive drugs that cause serious problems in society i.e. people stealing from loved ones to feed their addictions. If you wish to call it dope, go ahead...it just doesnt fit though.
It doesn't fit YOUR definition, perhaps. It is what it is. Of course, you probably think it's medicine, too.

Thats something a cop would say! Shame, shame, shame.
Shame? For what? For having some sense of common decency and the desire to follow the law, not put others at risk, and not to poison my body and brain? Yeah ... how shameful of me. :rolleyes:

And I have no intention on stopping using "dope."
Well, it's your life to ruin. Try not to drive with the dope, then. The rest of us don't want to get killed when you're driving high.

The only difference this situation made on me is that I will try harder to stay away from the pigs, be more "responsible" about where I am in posession, and stop smoking in a vehicle.
The "pigs"? Gads! That takes me back a few decades ... ah, memories of my youth.

Up here, a "pig" is livestock. If you want to stay away from them, go right ahead.

I don't intend to be rude, don't be offended. Im just a little bothered when i hear people call pot dope. It has many nicknames, but that one isn't fitting. At least in my opinion.
Anyways, thanks again for the advice and everything. I respect you guys.
Well, when you are young, have a sense of invulnerability and little responsibility, it is easy to be both rude and bothered. I, for one, am an optimist and pray that you shall see the errors of your ways before you end up in a gutter, in jail, or harming someone else.

Oh, and from the American Heritage Dictionary:

DOPE
Informal.
- A narcotic, especially an addictive narcotic.
- Narcotics considered as a group.
- An illicit drug, especially marijuana.
- A narcotic preparation used to stimulate a racehorse.

Informal. A stupid person; a dolt.

Informal. Factual information, especially of a private nature.

Chemistry. An absorbent or adsorbent material used in certain manufacturing processes, such as the nitroglycerin used in making dynamite.

A type of lacquer formerly used to protect, waterproof, and tauten the cloth surfaces of airplane wings.

Chiefly Southern U.S. See cola1.

Lower Northern U.S. Syrup or sweet sauce poured on ice cream.

- Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">